ReBOOT: Hexadecimal

Tech

For those who've seen the ReBOOT series, I'm planning an adventure where the characters face off against Hexadecimal. What power level would you place her at in points. Whereas she has effectively 0 End on everything, she's not unbeatable nor does she use 'full-power' in every situation. What do you suggest for her stats & powers?

I first have to watch a few Episodes before I can truly help with that.

One thing I want to note directly however:

1 hour ago, Tech said:

Whereas she has effectively 0 End on everything, she's not unbeatable nor does she use 'full-power' in every situation.

If you never use your full power, you can appear to never run out of END:

If you Chracter is designed for combat in the 12 DC range (inlcuding END and REC for those END consumption values) but then you only throw around 8 DC attacks, you will appear to "never run out of Endurance".

Also you might have abilities like a "9/10 DC attack, 1/2 END" wich would further extend you apparent endurance.

Edit: Sorry, it is just to cringy to watch the Netflix Life Action Series. Plus I am uncertain if that is even the one you mean, as apparently there was a 1994-2001 version that might fit better.

Oh yes, I forgot there was a Live Action series based on the original CGI series. Ignore the live action. I'm referring to the CGI series.

Yes, Hexadecimal effectively has 0 End on everything; I suppose she could run low on it with a few weeks of constant use.

There was a CGI/Live actors combo version, called ReBOOT: The Guardian Code. Unfortunately, it didn't touch on what the fans wanted: to see the continuation of the original series. It received bad reviews even before it showed. I've only seen snippets of it myself.

I was/am a big fan of the show. Hexidecimal, was almost pure power. She had her own internal rules though, but they were often incomprehensible. I would agree she has no END cost on anything, and had an awfully large amount of TK/ strength at range. She also had a huge amount of  forcewall. She had a powerful but

slow transform. And entangles tended to fail against her. She also had a teleport at range usable upon others, which could include the vehicle the heroes were riding in. She is in that class of Boss villain, where she can hold off a major assault, until she hets bored and leaves. The Hexadecimal/Megabyte engagements illustrates this well. 

I'm thinking of a 100 or 120 pt Cosmic Power Pool would work for her, although she often uses only a fraction of her power here & there because she's so chaotic. Being able to throw someone miles (not instantly) makes you do a double-take. Her forcewall is ridiculously power; she's bored while missiles, tank shells, tank energy blasts etc are ignored by her.

Okay, found the original series on youtube. Intersting. Episode 2 had a racing game where the vehicles changed every lap, like Marion Kart would have as of version 7 (2011).

Any particular Episodes HexaDecimal is a relvant player in/that make you think she is 0 END build?

I mean she is extremely powerfull. Less then a Q from Star Trek. But at least on the level of Equinox, Spectre, Ghost Rider, Darkseid, Superman or the like.

She is an Avatar of chaos/change. A force of nature villain more then a conventional antagonist. She has to be out-tricked, not out fought.

Hwere is the roster of all 48 CGI episodes from back in the day:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ReBoot_episodes

Of these, the ones I remember Hexadecimal being the most scary were:
Season 2, Episode 5, "Painted Windows".. Hexadecimal basically corrupts reality for artistic purposes

Season 3  "show down" shows that hexadecimal is still a force to be reckoned with, even as Megabyte has taken over mainframe in Bob's absence. Upon Bob;'s return she captures bob, to get him to do her a favor. 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:05 AM, Scott Ruggels said:

Hwere is the roster of all 48 CGI episodes from back in the day:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ReBoot_episodes

Of these, the ones I remember Hexadecimal being the most scary were:
Season 2, Episode 5, "Painted Windows".. Hexadecimal basically corrupts reality for artistic purposes

Season 3  "show down" shows that hexadecimal is still a force to be reckoned with, even as Megabyte has taken over mainframe in Bob's absence. Upon Bob;'s return she captures bob, to get him to do her a favor. 

Interactions as I would expeect them.

Still no 0 END, but her being just OP. Fighting her is about as futile as Bob trying to exit cyberspace and fight the users.

The closest Archetype from Champions 6E that would fit is the "Prankster".

In the Instant Plot generator, she is either the source of a Mac Guffin. Or the 'villain' of a "Man vs Nature" storyline.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, Scott Ruggels said:

I was/am a big fan of the show. Hexidecimal, was almost pure power. She had her own internal rules though, but they were often incomprehensible. I would agree she has no END cost on anything, and had an awfully large amount of TK/ strength at range. She also had a huge amount of  forcewall. She had a powerful but

slow transform. And entangles tended to fail against her. She also had a teleport at range usable upon others, which could include the vehicle the heroes were riding in. She is in that class of Boss villain, where she can hold off a major assault, until she hets bored and leaves. The Hexadecimal/Megabyte engagements illustrates this well. 

Well, her D&D alignment would have been True Chaotic.

Yeah, I didn't like the first few episodes.  Though, I don't know if I didn't like the early storylines or the fact I still had a very negative attitude towards the idea of CGI cartoons at the time.  (CGI still felt extremely clunky and uncanny valley like to me at the time)

Edit: And I maintained a hatred of Enzo until his adulthood. (though adult Enzo's brooding could get occasionally insufferable, although understandable due to circumstances)

On 2/22/2019 at 8:39 PM, Duke Bushido said:

I am in the vast minority here, but it was every bit as cringey as the live action version.

the first season was technically inept, animation wise, and rushed (Done with banks of PC"s in a rented Hotel Room), and it was basically set up of characters environments and rules.  Things really don't get going until the middle of the second season, where the "Web Creature" appears, and "mainframe" is revealed to be a very small fish in a very large Web.  From then on it's a rollercoaster. (American Audiences didn't see the third and fourth season until much later, due to ABC being sold to Disney, and Disney murdering all product not produced by Disney, which also removed a couple of other science fiction shows I liked back then.)

On 2/23/2019 at 7:15 AM, Badger said:

Yeah, I didn't like the first few episodes.  Though, I don't know if I didn't like the early storylines or the fact I still had a very negative attitude towards the idea of CGI cartoons at the time.  (CGI still felt extremely clunky and uncanny valley like to me at the time) 

Edit: And I maintained a hatred of Enzo until his adulthood. (though adult Enzo's brooding could get occasionally insufferable, although understandable due to circumstances)

I am unsure if "uncanny valley" is the proper term here. It specifies a specific case where something is too lifelike to be seen as artificial. And thus all the parts where it appears artificial are magnified/highly noticeable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K1Kd9mZL8g

ReBOOT was too clearly artificial to truly be fall into that valley. It was too far up on one of the hills to be in the valley.