What kind of monster are you?

During a recent conversation the question came up, if you were a monster from myth or legend, what would you be? There are two ways to interpret this: which would you choose to be given the choice, or which creature somehow encapsulates you the best? I chose to go with the latter. I think I have it after some mulling it over.

I think I would be a Minotaur. Solitary, anti-social (by most accounts), with a predilection for mazes and labyrinths. Of course, the Minotaur has come to mean an entire race of creatures rather than a singular monster. In D&D they are a category of evil monsters, while in WoW they are a player race for the Horde. Some have created a Minotaur race for D&D, too, but they were originally chaotic evil abominations thought to be created by some mad wizard.

So, what would you be?

Of course, the monster I'd most like to be is a dragon.  However, I'm not really greedy and all dragons are greedy.  

So, I'm somewhat slow and methodical, I stay confined to a set area, I'm generally open and honest which leads to a lot of transparency in my life, the people closest to me often say I'm amazingly silent and sneaky for my size, and I've collected a rather large, odd assortment of weapons throughout my life.  The monster I'm probably closest to is: 

Gelatinous Cube

I Suppose I could be a kobold or goblin on my more pathetic days...

but in an attempt for something grander? Let's take my imagination, make it magical, add in my strong resentment of authority, the many limitations on what I can and cannot do and equate them with a 'teeny tiny living space' and. ... I would be a genie, not your Barbara Eden type of Genie either. More your old school bitter at the world that's kept me bound up, restrained and powerless... so yeah, give me power over you, tell me what YOU insist on, and watch me Monkey's paw you the first chance I get. Try to put words in my mouth, ORDER Me as if I were the hired help, and you'll get exactly what you were asking for in both senses of the term- and you will not enjoy it. It may take a few decades, but really, trapped as I am, I've got time for little else but licking at old wounds and wrongs done to me anyway.

That's my monster side.

And I'd MUCH rather be warm blue and Robin WIliams  but that's me as your buddy, nor monster.