Shocker (original 5E character)

bblackmoor

It's been a long, long time since I have played Champions, but a friend wanted to start a game, and I figured I'd make up a new character. So here she is: Shocker. I had fun writing her up; maybe you'll find her interesting.

Shocker.jpg

Character sheet: https://www.blackgate.net/gaming/Shocker_(bblackmoor).pdf

She's a DJ/Electronica composer/performer who got electrical powers after an accident on stage at an illegal rave (as a result of some sketchy yet life-saving experimental treatments she got as a kid -- treatments her twin sister did not survive).

For the outfit, I was aiming for Daft Punk meets Tron meets Sith lord.

Shocker has used the name "Shocker" since she was 18 and performed with "Future Shock" when she was living in Reykjavik (she's from Grand Rapids, Michigan, originally). Before that, she generally went by her initials, "CT". She hates her given name, Candi, and hasn't used it since she left home at 16, "Because my parents are trailer park pieces of shit who gave me and my sister stripper names."

5 minutes ago, archer said:

Does anyone else find it funny that it costs a character point to speak danish but no points to eat a danish?

Ah, but you could possibly buy, for one point, Life Support related to going without regular food for long stretches as long as you got a danish a day

25 minutes ago, Hermit said:

Ah, but you could possibly buy, for one point, Life Support related to going without regular food for long stretches as long as you got a danish a day

Yeah, I guess you're at least getting a discount for eating a danish, but it still doesn't seem like eating the danish is free.

It's always difficult to rate a character in a vacuum, as it always depends on the campaign baselines and style of game the GM is running. If there are other characters available to compare and contrast with, it would be more viable to give some build feedback. 

I can see some places I might squeeze a few points or tweak a bit if I were in a min maxing mood, but I like that you have a strong concept and are going for it which is much more important in my opinion. 

18 minutes ago, Killer Shrike said:

It's always difficult to rate a character in a vacuum, as it always depends on the campaign baselines and style of game the GM is running. If there are other characters available to compare and contrast with, it would be more viable to give some build feedback. 

I can see some places I might squeeze a few points or tweak a bit if I were in a min maxing mood, but I like that you have a strong concept and are going for it which is much more important in my opinion. 

OMG! I would be so grateful for any suggestions you might make! I might use them. I might not. But I am sure I would learn something!

As far as the milieu of which this character is a a part... https://drive.google.com/open?id=11FnF38wg7XqrJoIPLDYAxSxdgP2VlhxS

Edited by bblackmoor

I originally had the character have a Multipower, but the number of slots was so large, I changed it to a Variable Power Pool. Then I discovered (re-discovered, actually, since I am sure I used to know it) that Variable Power Pools cost a huge amount if you can change them like you can a Multipower. So now it's a Multipower again.

• 2 weeks later...