Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bazza

Captain Marvel with spoilers

I think the best thing going on with this thread is that Marvel Studios has set such a high bar with some of their stuff (to me First Avenger, Winter Soldier, Black Panther and even the first Iron Man) that a movie most of us seemed to like, but even those who disliked it, would rate it above 50% or more of the movies that Hollywood puts out. In a lot of ways, they remind me of Pixar, in that I am always willing to give them the benefit of the doubt about seeing the movies despite negative comments. I really couldn't have said that about DC  (before Wonder Woman) or even some of the other Hollywood franchises out there.

2 hours ago, slikmar said:

Marvel Studios has set such a high bar with some of their stuff (to me First Avenger, Winter Soldier, Black Panther and even the first Iron Man)

An almost exact match to my favorite marvel movies list.

And you're right.  The bar is set so high that when a movie like Captain Marvel hits (which was good, just not Marvel good) hits it gets dumped on.

It just wasn't up to the level of awesome we've been spoiled with over the last few years.

4 hours ago, slikmar said:

I think the best thing going on with this thread is that Marvel Studios has set such a high bar with some of their stuff (to me First Avenger, Winter Soldier, Black Panther and even the first Iron Man) that a movie most of us seemed to like, but even those who disliked it, would rate it above 50% or more of the movies that Hollywood puts out.

No, the best thing about this thread is that no one's unhappy with the costume.  :D

Why is is so hard for Marvel to adopt the existing Kreme military insignia in the comics? :( 

Still unhappy 'bout the green costume. 

11 hours ago, Bazza said:

Why is is so hard for Marvel to adopt the existing Kreme military insignia in the comics? :( 

Was this a deliberate mis-spelling or have the Kree adopted a new logo?

1610710136_KreeKreme.thumb.png.a0b9cd910258db4e222989e0609e9240.png

Image result for krispy kreme logo

4 hours ago, Greywind said:

The MCU is inherently a few inches shorter than the 616.

So you are saying the MCU doesn't measure up to the 616 comics? ;) 

I saw this tonight with my wife and kids. We almost didn't go due to the poor reception of the movie generally, but I'm glad we did. It was a little soft in the middle, could have been tightened up a bit, but all in all I really enjoyed it and thought it hung together pretty well. My daughter in particular loved it.