2019-2020 NFL Thread

Old Man

Okay, I am not a fan of the Patriots.

That has nothing to do with this observation.

Just now, watching the game, I saw Bill Belichick's son, who is the coach for the Safetys, for the first time.

Bill is not what I would consider a handsome man, mainly because he looks very weathered and always seems to be squinting or scowling.

But his son is downright scary.

Bill always reminded me of Darkseid, maybe in part because of the hoodies he always used to wear, and, again the kind of weathered, stony face he has.

His son Steve looks like one of the "less humanoid" inhabitants of Apokolips , possibly DeSaad.

Just saying . . .

I didn't actually get to see the game in question because, as detailed above, we got the Derps and Chefs instead, but I understand this is what happened at the end of the Broncos-Chargers game:

Denver was leading 20-17 when the Chargers kicked a field goal with under a minute left to tie it.

Denver took the ensuing kickoff at the 2-yard line and returned it 36 yards to the 38 yard line.

Drew Lock true a 37-yard pass that was incomplete, but resulted in pass interference on the defense.

Denver kicked a 53-yard field goal as time expired to win it.

Wish I could have seen it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, Enforcer84 said:

Bengals are 1-11 now?

What are they trying to lose the #1 pick for the guy who busted his hip?

I don't know, maybe Tua should stay in college for another year, since I think he is eligible to do so.  Might help his stock, if he come back during the season and have 4-5 good games at the end.  

Then again, if he couldn't really get back for any games (quite possible, as Bo Jackson missed a couple of seasons of baseball with his) it really wouldn't matter.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, Pariah said:

Op-ed piece from Yahoo! Sports:

'America's Team' doesn't deserve that title anymore

Well taking such a title is an insult to the rest of the league. (probably the point, if I remember).   In any case, they haven't really deserved that since Landy left.  Regardless of my feeling with Cowboys, it wasn't the same feel to the team once Jones/Johnson took over.

San Francisco lost to the Falcons as a direct result of unkilled conjuration of basal chaos, and the Rams lost to Dallas.  Seattle tried desperately to give the game away in Carolina but failed.  And it almost looked at times like the Cardinals were running a broken wishbone against the Browns today.

13 hours ago, Pariah said:

After blowing a big second-half lead to the Jaguars in their last game in Oakland, the Raiders leave the field to the sound of boos and the sight of fans throwing garbage and fighting with Security and each other.

Probably the most Raiders thing ever.

It was a sad ending for the Raiders. Even as a Jags fan I felt bad for them. 

Not bad enough to give up the victory... 

Everything makes sense now.

Pitch idea for a new TV show, 'That’s So Seahawky':

"Those rascally fellas in blue and green set their sights on achieving a mathematical impossibility: finishing a season undefeated while holding a negative point differential."