2019-2020 NFL Thread

Old Man

Why is Patrick Mahomes so much better a postseason quarterback than Lamar Jackson?

Well, when I was watching the devastation last night, I noticed that when he threw his picks Lamar sat on the end of the bench, by himself, not talking to anyone. He keenly felt his disappointment, no doubt, but he didn't seem to want to share it with anyone. Compared to that, Mahomes is practically a social butterfly.

I also noticed something else in that game -- the first drive for the Ravens was magnificent, with Jackson dazzling fans with the way he was executing the RPO. But after the interception, for some reason they decided to turn him into a pocket basser and it didn;t work. They made Lamar stop being Lamar. It's no surprise the offense never got back on track. It was also almost inexplicable, like neutering a horse before sending him out to stud.

I'm watching the Seattle-Green Bay game and it occurred to me that these two quarterbacks are probably both Hall of Famers. Among current quarterbacks, I figure that Drew Brees, he-who-must-not-be-named, and maybe Philip Rivers will end up in the Hall as well. What other current quarterbacks do we think will probably end up in Canton eventually?

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

I'm watching the Seattle-Green Bay game and it occurred to me that these two quarterbacks are probably both Hall of Famers. Among current quarterbacks, I figure that Drew Brees, he-who-must-not-be-named, and maybe Philip Rivers will end up in the Hall as well. What other current quarterbacks do we think will probably end up in Canton eventually?

Mahomes, but too early to say

Also, Nathan Peterman.

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

Wilson will have to win another SB to make the HoF, simply due to the longitude term.  And it will take some fantastic luck to replace the jackal vomit that is now Seattle's OL at a price they can afford.

Like OM, I expect Rapethisburger to be HoF'ed.  I doubt Rivers will make it unless he makes it into a SB, which will require he do it with a different franchise.  Too early to tell about anyone else.

If the Niners and Chiefs make the SB, I look for an NBA score.  Nobody in the NFL has a clue how to defense a team with a good TE (other than with the Bronko Nagurski method, with a firearm as he comes out of the tunnel), especially not those two teams.

well, in madden 03, I figured out how to stop the TE, by playing the safeties at the line of scrimmage. :nya:

(and usually controlling the safety on TE side for a split second "forcing" him to get beaten and play catch up on coverage, otherwise he would be running for the end zone in front of the TE like he was being chased by angry grizzly, which might not be inaccurate in describing George Kittle).  

always amazes me how the "divas" of football always be the WRs  (Owens and Chad EightFive being forerunners).

COurse, we should say the standard #1 WR.  The slot receiver who sometimes ends up getting almost as many targets, seems lots of times to be of the more humble, quiet variety (or at least not full blown narcissistic).