(4thE) How to Make Superman on 250 Character Points.

VunderGuy

6th edition is completely gridless; movement is bought in meters.  So no, you don't have to go by inches.  Some people in 6th edition use hex grids at 1 hex = 1 meter, but most use no grids at all.  

Unless you're asking if you have to use 1 inch hexes.  No, you also don't have to do that.  You can use whatever size hex you want, keeping in mind that the scale given is 1 hex = 2 meters.  

At a convention recently I played in a 6th edition game where the figures were Lego Minifigures.  For one of the combat scenes we used a 1 inch hex map; for the second we were gridless using rulers made out of Lego where a 2x4 stud brick was 2 meters long 

View from 30,000 feet - there are two ways to build "Superman"

Method 1 - he has everything I think he should have from the source material I want to simulate.  Points are irrelevant.

Method 2 - he is designed around the campaign setting, within point constraints, like all of the other characters.

Method 1 Supes might have 100 STR and 35 DEX.  Method 2 Supes might well have STR 70 and DEX 26, because the campaign standard is that damage caps out at 14 DCs and CVs are generally between 7 and 10.

How strong does he need to be?  There are DCU characters who are stronger, but he is at the top end of the PC range.  What defenses should he have?  Top of the line for the campaign, but he can take damage from a campaign standard attack.

Method 1 Supes can have enough STR to one punch anyone within the method 2 constraints, 100 defenses, 75 resistant, a DEX of 45, SPD 9, etc. etc. etc.  But he's no more playable in the game than Jimmy Olsen, Cub Reporter.

On 4/5/2019 at 12:46 PM, VunderGuy said:

Alright, so, pretty much the way I have my 250 points allocated is thus:

Characteristics:

100 Strength

35 Dexterity

20 Constitution 

20 Body

20 Intelligence

20 Ego

20 Presence

20 Comeliness

50 PD

4 ED

6 speed

24 Recovery

40 Endurance

80 Stun

Characteristic Point Total: 175

80P to Strength

45P to Dexterity

30P to PD

20P to Speed

80P to strength.Figured it made sense to make Supes have 100 in at least that category... and also because I was experimenting and wanted to throw around 20 d6's for fun.

45P to dexterity for 35 dexterity because the enemy test characters I'm testing him against all have 35 dexterity and I at least want to contest them whenever we're on the same segment.

30P to PD because I wanted my PD to at least 50 for normal attacks and because I bought 50 points of Damage Resistance for killing attacks.

20P to Speed because I wanted to go on the same segment against the enemy test characters so that I can context them with the requisite 1d6 tie breaker. 

Skills/Talents/Perks/Powers

30P for 50% Resistant Damage Reduction to Physical Attacks

25P for 50 points of damage resistance to Physical (and Energy attacks? I'm not sure how this power works. Do I have to purchase individually for physical AND energy attacks or?...)

20P Regeneration + 2 body per turn. 

Skills/Talents/Perks/Powers Cost: 75

Everything tallied together: 250

Now, the disadvantages I took to make this all possible were:

DISADVANTAGES:

Psycho Limit: Code Against Killing (common): 20P

Secret Identity (Clark Kent): 15P

Susceptibility (Green Kryptonite), Uncommon, Damage taken even segment, 3d6: 30p 

Vulnerability Uncommon x2 (Red Sunlight): 10P

Vulnerability Common x2 (Magic): 20P

Psycho Limit: Honorable: Always Keeps Word: 20P

Pyscho Limit: Superpatriot, moderate: 10P

Distinctive Features (haircut, curl): Easily concealable: 5P

DISADVANTAGE COST TOTAL: 150P

So, yeah, that's the build as it stands, so, that's what we have to work with and what we'll be altering I suppose. Thank you so much for your help. This was driving me nuts last night! So, on another note, if I took power limitations, would that lower the cost for certain things and could I effectively get even more character points from the savings and apply them elsewhere? 

"80P to strength.Figured it made sense to make Supes have 100 in at least that category... and also because I was experimenting and wanted to throw around 20 d6's for fun."

STR starts at 10. Adding 80 character points gets it to 90.

"45P to dexterity for 35 dexterity"

DEX starts at 10 and costs 3 pts per pt. Your DEX would be 25.

"the enemy test characters I'm testing him against all have 35 dexterity and I at least want to contest them whenever we're on the same segment."

Who are these "enemy test characters" and where did they come from?

"20P to Speed because I wanted to go on the same segment against the enemy test characters so that I can context them with the requisite 1d6 tie breaker."

Your DEX is 25. Under 4th edition, that makes your SPD 3. Spending 15 pts raises it to 5. 20 raises it to 5 with 5 wasted character points. You get to count the "leftover" DEX you see. One way to think of it may be to say that 25 DEX gets you to SPD 3.5 but the .5 doesn't help other than making it cheaper to get to 4.

"4 ED"

This makes me foresee the following dialogue:

Mad Scientist: Stand back! I have a raygun and I know how to use it!

Superman: I will not stand back! I am SUPERMAN!

Mad Scientist: ZZZAP! Ha, not so super now are you?

Superman: *groan*

Mad Scientist: ZZZZAP! again! Now you're "super pile of ash!"

"25P for 50 points of damage resistance to Physical (and Energy attacks? I'm not sure how this power works. Do I have to purchase individually for physical AND energy attacks or?...)"

Yes, you have to buy it again to cover energy attacks.

"20P Regeneration + 2 body per turn. "

Definitely useful, although not a power I associate with Superman.

Superman: I'm back!

Mad Scientist: ZZZAP! I thought I Zzzapped you already?

Mad scientist: ZZZAP! How may times must I zzzap you, superpest?

"Distinctive Features (haircut, curl): Easily concealable: 5P"

I think this is stretching things a bit. A "distinctive" haircut would be, like a mohawk or something really exotic.

"So, on another note, if I took power limitations, would that lower the cost for certain things and could I effectively get even more character points from the savings and apply them elsewhere? "

Yes. Putting an Advantage on a Power makes it both more useful and more expensive. Putting a Limitation on a Power makes it both less useful somehow and cheaper.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary points out that the fundamental question to ask is, what makes you think you can create Superman on 250 pts? That's like thinking you can play Conan the Barbarian as a 1st level D&D character.

5 minutes ago, Lucius said:

The palindromedary points out that the fundamental question to ask is, what makes you think you can create Superman on 250 pts? That's like thinking you can play Conan the Barbarian as a 1st level D&D character.

Conan wasn't always a super-badass, he started not being _that_ impressive.  Young Conan as a 1st level Barbarian who rolled good stats, I'd buy that. 

Same for Superman, early Superman can be replicated quite well with a simple brick build.  He's strong enough to lift a car, fast enough to outrun a car, can jump well, is tough enough to ignore knives and bullets.  That's it.  Easy to do on 250. 

16 hours ago, VunderGuy said:

Dude, I don't even know how senses and endurance and range and positioning are supposed to work. I don't even have a hex map or know where I could get one! I'm just trying to get a handle on character creation and barebones combat first, which is why for my tests, both me and the other guy were both assumed to be in melee range and stuck in place... Even though he had a 50 caliber mini-gun.

You might try using the example characters in the book for your initial combat testing. You've got the big blue book? Or which version of the 4th edition rules?

They should all have a few example super team members in them.

You don't need a hex map, you can do "Theatre of the Mind" like any other game, each hex\inch = 2 meters.

Yah, running a very short and simple scenario using the example characters in the book (or any of the various 250pt\350pt builds multiple folks have linked) seems like a better place to start.

You can look things up as they come up and while it'll take a while it should be a bit more efficient than starting with close melee and working out from there.

I mean obviously whatever works best for you for learning new RPG systems is what you should do, but for Hero I think you can start with example characters, go over skill resolution real quick, then start at the start of combat (speed chart) and then go to movement and melee\ranged attacks at the same time. Mostly follows the layout of the combat section.

The books usually have a pretty great index too. So you can kinda go until you get stuck, check the index, get unstuck, etc.

Or ask questions here! Hero ppl never tire of trying to explain Hero. :)

2 hours ago, Lucius said:

"80P to strength.Figured it made sense to make Supes have 100 in at least that category... and also because I was experimenting and wanted to throw around 20 d6's for fun."

STR starts at 10. Adding 80 character points gets it to 90.

"45P to dexterity for 35 dexterity"

DEX starts at 10 and costs 3 pts per pt. Your DEX would be 25.

"the enemy test characters I'm testing him against all have 35 dexterity and I at least want to contest them whenever we're on the same segment."

Who are these "enemy test characters" and where did they come from?

"20P to Speed because I wanted to go on the same segment against the enemy test characters so that I can context them with the requisite 1d6 tie breaker."

Your DEX is 25. Under 4th edition, that makes your SPD 3. Spending 15 pts raises it to 5. 20 raises it to 5 with 5 wasted character points. You get to count the "leftover" DEX you see. One way to think of it may be to say that 25 DEX gets you to SPD 3.5 but the .5 doesn't help other than making it cheaper to get to 4.

"4 ED"

This makes me foresee the following dialogue:

Mad Scientist: Stand back! I have a raygun and I know how to use it!

Superman: I will not stand back! I am SUPERMAN!

Mad Scientist: ZZZAP! Ha, not so super now are you?

Mad Scientist: ZZZZAP! again! Now you're "super pile of ash!"

"25P for 50 points of damage resistance to Physical (and Energy attacks? I'm not sure how this power works. Do I have to purchase individually for physical AND energy attacks or?...)"

Yes, you have to buy it again to cover energy attacks.

"20P Regeneration + 2 body per turn. "

Definitely useful, although not a power I associate with Superman.

Superman: I'm back!

Mad Scientist: ZZZAP! I thought I Zzzapped you already?

Mad scientist: ZZZAP! How may times must I zzzap you, superpest?

"Distinctive Features (haircut, curl): Easily concealable: 5P"

I think this is stretching things a bit. A "distinctive" haircut would be, like a mohawk or something really exotic.

"So, on another note, if I took power limitations, would that lower the cost for certain things and could I effectively get even more character points from the savings and apply them elsewhere? "

Yes. Putting an Advantage on a Power makes it both more useful and more expensive. Putting a Limitation on a Power makes it both less useful somehow and cheaper.

Lucius Alexander

Pretty on point, though it's well known at this point that most Superman from across different universes have a pretty decent healing factor. Not as insane as someone like Wolverine or Deadpool, but it's there and typically even more accelerated under the light of a yellow Sun like the rest of his abilities.

Anyways, when I said 'make Superman', the reason I did was because I heard a guy on YouTube say you could on 250 with difficulty and, after going through this here process, I'm inclined to agree. 

I mean, it's fun and exciting, don't get me wrong, but I thought it would have been a smidge easier. XD

Edited by VunderGuy
Forgot to type something else.

1 hour ago, Gnome BODY (important!) said:

Conan wasn't always a super-badass, he started not being _that_ impressive.  Young Conan as a 1st level Barbarian who rolled good stats, I'd buy that. 

Same for Superman, early Superman can be replicated quite well with a simple brick build.  He's strong enough to lift a car, fast enough to outrun a car, can jump well, is tough enough to ignore knives and bullets.  That's it.  Easy to do on 250. 

Actually, he's faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a raging locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

1 hour ago, VunderGuy said:

Pretty on point, though it's well known at this point that most Superman from across different universes have a pretty decent healing factor. Not as insane as someone like Wolverine or Deadpool, but it's there and typically even more accelerated under the light of a yellow Sun like the rest of his abilities.

Anyways, when I said 'make Superman', the reason I did was because I heard a guy on YouTube say you could on 250 with difficulty and, after going through this here process, I'm inclined to agree. 

I mean, it's fun and exciting, don't get me wrong, but I thought it would have been a smidge easier. XD

Here's a version that's a bit easier to grasp.  This one is 266 points without any skills, so he's just a smidge over costed.  But he's a lot easier to follow than the other one I posted.  You can fiddle around with it and find 16 points to save somewhere.

Superman (Easy Version)

Val    Char    Cost
15/55    STR    5
14/26    DEX    12
15/28    CON    10
10/18    BODY    0
13    INT    3
14    EGO    8
15/25    PRE    5
12    COM    1

10/30    PD    7
10/30    ED    7
3/6    SPD    6
6/17    REC    0
30/56    END    0
30/65    STUN    4

6"    RUN    0
2"    SWIM    0
3"/11"    LEAP    0
Characteristics Cost: 68

Cost    Power
    Superman! package, all slots Powers drop when exposed to kryptonite, in red sun system (-1/2)
27    1)  +40 STR (40 Active Points)
24    2)  +12 DEX (36 Active Points)
17    3)  +13 CON (26 Active Points)
11    4)  +8 BODY (16 Active Points)
7    5)  +10 PRE (10 Active Points)
13    6)  +2 SPD (20 Active Points)
8    7)  +12 PD (12 Active Points)
11   8 ) +17 ED (17 Active Points)
13    9)  Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED) (20 Active Points)
7    10) Flight 5" (10 Active Points)

40    Multipower, Superman Powers, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots Powers drop when exposed to kryptonite, in red sun system (-1/2)
4u    1)  Heat Vision: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points)
4u    2)  Freeze Breath: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points)
4u    3)  Up up and away!: Flight 25", x8 Noncombat (60 Active Points)
4u    4)  Super senses: Clairsentience (Hearing And Sight Groups), x64 Range (9,600") (60 Active Points)
4u    5)  All around super: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 36 Real Cost) +20 STR (20 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) plus Force Field (10 PD/10 ED) (20 Active Points) plus Flight 10" (20 Active Points)
Powers Cost: 198

Total Character Cost: 266

Base Points: 200
Experience Required: 66
Total Experience Available: 0
Experience Unspent: 0

-----

The numbers to the left of the slash represent regular old Clark Kent, with no powers.  To the right of the slash are his stats unless he's been exposed to Kryptonite or red sun radiation.  GM discretion as far as how long it takes for the powers to come back.  Note that this is a fairly strong Clark.  He's got 15 Str, 14 Dex, and 15 Con.  He's not the wimp that we saw in the Christopher Reeve movies -- he pretends to be a wimp.  He's actually pretty athletic for a normal human.  He also has a 3 Speed and 10 base PD and ED.  This means that even if Supes is exposed to Kryptonite, he's not gonna die if he gets hit.

His stats are bought in a package -- there's no game effect except that it's easier to list them all together and only write out the limitation once.  He'll be a reasonably effective fast brick with those stats.  He's got lots of stat bonuses, 20/20 Damage Resistance, and 5" of Flight so he can hover.

But Superman also has a Multipower, giving him some extra tricks that a lot of people won't have.  It has the same limitation as his normal stats, when exposed to Kryptonite or red sun energy they go away.  He can select one Multipower slot each phase and use that power.  That might be Heat Vision (12D6 Energy Blast), or Freeze Breath (6D6 Entangle), or a huge boost to his Flight (an additional 25" Flight (for a total of 30") with x8 noncombat speed).  He's also got the Clairsentience power for both sight and hearing, representing his super senses and x-ray vision.

Finally he has a Multipower slot that just makes him tougher.  The final slot has 3 separate powers all purchased together -- +20 Str, +10/10 Force Field, and +10" of Flight.  That would mean when Supes is using that slot, he's got a 75 Strength total, 40/40 Defense (but he has to pay Endurance for that Force Field -- which because it's Superman it doesn't actually look like a normal Force Field -- somehow he just looks more invincible), and 15" of Flight.  Remember that he can't use the "Up up and away!" slot at the same time as this one.

This should give you a Superman who is really effective compared to the standard 250 point Champions villains that appeared in 4th edition.  If you or I were to see this guy in real life, we wouldn't be able to distinguish him from the real thing.  He's got all the standard Superman abilities at a pretty high level.

21 hours ago, VunderGuy said:

I don't even have a hex map or know where I could get one! 

The most commonly used one is the Chessex hex map.  You can go to their online web store (link).  Their basic battlemat is good for most combat as long as you don't have people who have really large amounts of movement or do large amounts of knockback.  For large movement people the megamat or mondomat is better.  IE: batman = battlemat, wonder woman = megamat, flash = mondomat.  They also sell wet erase pens, but you can find these comparable wet erase pens at Staples, Office Depot, etc. under the Vis a Vis brand.  Most colors wash off with a wet rag even if you leave them on a week but some will lightly stain if left long for longer than a day.  Do not use dry erase on these mats as they will permanently, visibly stain.  Chessex has factory seconds which play as well as the regular ones but are slightly bad (a little off center or poorly cut).

You can also get the mats at Amazon. 

There are dry erase mats available online and its a growing trend.  Personally, I am not crazy about the dry erase as the ink tends to wipe off in scratches during game play, but my friend just introduced me to silicon battlemats.  These mats can use either wet erase or dry erase and wipe clean with rubbing alcohol.  (amazon smile link here)

Finally, as an alternative to common mats, there are 

1) Board game "mats".  Designed like board game board but with a 1" on either side.  Dry erasable.  Haven't used these yet.  Game board link.  There are what I call puzzle board mats which are about 9x12 and fit together like a puzzle.  Puzzle board link.

2) Gaming paper.  If you like to keep the mats you drew, gaming paper works great.  It's a little stronger than normal paper and you can cut them in to poster sized sheets and place them in a cheap poster frame from Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  gaming paper amazon link or go to their online store (link).

Several places on the web offer to print sheets of hex paper.  You just need to google it.  I've always used the graph paper printer program by Dr. Philippe Marquis.  Its a windows program that can produce a wide variety of graph paper but not larger than about 12x12 inches.  Link to download - warning - I've not not vetted this site since I still have my original copy.

PS: I just found a site with hexes and squares in PDF of various sizes.  See this link.

Superman

Val Char Cost

50 STR 40

15 DEX 15

25 CON 30

14 BODY 8

13 INT 3

10 EGO 0

20 PRE 10

18 COM 4

25 PD 15

15 ED 10

4 SPD 15

15 REC 0

50 END 0

52 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 150 Points

Cost Skills

2 CK: Metropolis 11-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Disguise 12-

5 CSL: HTH Combat +1

2 CSL: RKA +1

4 Lang: Native Kryptonian

3 Paramedic 12-

3 Streetwise 13-

Total Skills Cost:  25 Points

Cost Powers

15 Damage Resistance 20 rPD 10 rED

12 EC [Yellow Sun Energy]-15 Points, Does Not Work During Red Solar Radiation Exposure (-1/4)

12 1) Flight 10", 8x NCM

20  2) RKA 3d6, Beam Attack (-1/4)

10 ES: N-Ray Sight [Lead], Ultrasonic Hearing, Does Not Work During Red Solar Radiation Exposure (-1/4)

6 LS: High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat

Total Powers Cost: 75 Points

Total Cost: 250 Points

100+ Disadvantages

10 DNPC: Jimmy Olsen (Normal) 8-

10 DNPC: Lois Lane (Normal) 8-

10 Hunted: Brainiac (As Powerful) 8-

10 Hunted: Lex Luthor (As Powerful) 8-

20 PsyL: Code Versus Killing (Common/Total)

15 PsyL: In Love With Lois Lane (Common/Strong)

15 PsyL: Overconfidence (Very Common/Moderate)

10 Rivalry: Batman (Professional)

10 SocL: Secret Identity [Kal-El/Clark Kent] (Occasionally/Major)

20 Suscept: Green Kryptonite, 3d6 STUN/Turn (Uncommon)

20 Vuln: Magic, 2x STUN (Very Common)

Total Disadvantage Cost: 250 Points

2 hours ago, dsatow said:

The most commonly used one is the Chessex hex map.  You can go to their online web store (link).  Their basic battlemat is good for most combat as long as you don't have people who have really large amounts of movement or do large amounts of knockback.  For large movement people the megamat or mondomat is better.  IE: batman = battlemat, wonder woman = megamat, flash = mondomat.  They also sell wet erase pens, but you can find these comparable wet erase pens at Staples, Office Depot, etc. under the Vis a Vis brand.  Most colors wash off with a wet rag even if you leave them on a week but some will lightly stain if left long for longer than a day.  Do not use dry erase on these mats as they will permanently, visibly stain.  Chessex has factory seconds which play as well as the regular ones but are slightly bad (a little off center or poorly cut).

You can also get the mats at Amazon. 

There are dry erase mats available online and its a growing trend.  Personally, I am not crazy about the dry erase as the ink tends to wipe off in scratches during game play, but my friend just introduced me to silicon battlemats.  These mats can use either wet erase or dry erase and wipe clean with rubbing alcohol.  (amazon smile link here)

Finally, as an alternative to common mats, there are 

1) Board game "mats".  Designed like board game board but with a 1" on either side.  Dry erasable.  Haven't used these yet.  Game board link.  There are what I call puzzle board mats which are about 9x12 and fit together like a puzzle.  Puzzle board link.

2) Gaming paper.  If you like to keep the mats you drew, gaming paper works great.  It's a little stronger than normal paper and you can cut them in to poster sized sheets and place them in a cheap poster frame from Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  gaming paper amazon link or go to their online store (link).

Several places on the web offer to print sheets of hex paper.  You just need to google it.  I've always used the graph paper printer program by Dr. Philippe Marquis.  Its a windows program that can produce a wide variety of graph paper but not larger than about 12x12 inches.  Link to download - warning - I've not not vetted this site since I still have my original copy.

PS: I just found a site with hexes and squares in PDF of various sizes.  See this link.

I got the battlemat just today. Last one at one of the local fame stores. 

Your assumptions that characters will have 35 DEX is unrealistically high because it would make the villains having henchmen or agents a completely useless concept because agents without specialized weaponry could never hit the hero.

Most campaigns and supplements I've seen have most of the DEX scores from 18-24 with a scattering of characters with higher scores. Now I say that as someone whose favorite character had a 38 DEX but that's far, far outside of what the vast majority of characters should have (particularly characters of the players).

Now as for Superman on 250 points, for my own sanity I started writing up a "no cheese" version...which I might finish eventually.

Superman

55 STR 45 cost

23 DEX 39

23 CON 26

20 BODY 40

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

10 COM

11 PD

05 ED

05 SPD 27

16 REC

46 END

60 STUN

stats cost is 187

2 PS: Reporter

4 +5 PRE Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

32 Multipower - Kryptonian Abilities 56 active points (doesn't function in the presence of kryptonite or under a red sun -1/4)  (x2 END on all slots -1/2) Real cost 32

2u 3d6 Ranged Killing Attack    (Heat vision causing energy damage), Armor Piercing  (+1/4), four clips of 8 charges (+0), costs END (-1/2)

2u Hand-to-Hand Killing Attack 3d6 (or 6d6 with STR) (only against objects or mechanical lifeforms -1/2)

2u 5d6 Energy Blast (SuperBreath, a cone of physical damage +1), Armor Piercing (+1/4), Incantations (-1/4)

2u 5d6 Entangle (Freezing Breath), (The Entangle is Dismissible by Superman for +5 CP) Extra time full phase (-1/2)

3u Flying 22" (Combat Acceleration/Deceleration +1/4  This advantage allows a character to accelerate or decelerate faster than normal, at a rate equal to his full inches of combat movement per inch. His non-combat movement is 44" so say he's cruising along that fast and Black Atom shows up 3" in front of him. Superman can decelerate 22" during his first 1" forward and another 22" his second inch forward and come to a complete stop before he has an accidental collision. Or for accelerating, he basically reaches full speed instantly rather than building up slowly like other fliers have to.)

3u extra 45 STR plus Armor of 2PD/2ED plus Damage Resistance of 5PD/5ED

2u Missile Defense (the special effect of this power is that the attacks appear to bounce off of him without doing harm), +3 to deflection roll, can reflect adjacent attacks (+1/2), costs END (-1/2)

Powers cost 54 points so far.

In progress:

Resistant Defenses are allocatable (+1/4), doesn't function in the presence of kryptonite or under a red sun (-1/4)

Armor doesn't function in the presence of kryptonite or under a red sun (-1/4)

Damage Resistance doesn't function in the presence of kryptonite or under a red sun (-1/4)

5 Life Support heat/cold, vacuum,  doesn't function in the presence of kryptonite or under a red sun (-1/4)

All of Superman's enhanced senses have these disadvantages: Takes extra time: full phase to activate (-1/2), also extra time Delayed Phase which halves the character’s DEX for purposes of determining when the power activates in the Phase (-1/4), costs END to activate (-1/4), concentrate half DCV (-1/4), Perceivable makes it obvious that he's using the vision power (-1/2), Unified Power all sensory powers affected equally and simultaneously by Negative Adjustment Powers (-1/4), doesn't function in the presence of kryptonite or under a red sun (-1/4)

5 N-Ray Vision - not through lead (-0), takes INT roll for Superman to remember to use this power because that's the kind of guy he is (-1/2)

2 Telescopic Vision +4 PER roll

2 Telescopic Hearing +4 PER roll

17 hours ago, VunderGuy said:

Actually, he's faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a raging locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Not in Action Comics #1 - that's the radio show opener.  Actually, a lot of "classic Superman" originated in the radio show, not the comic books.

As you read through the thread, note how diverse the stats are - STR, DEX, CON, SPD - this all depends on the campaign standards.  A Superman with 50 STR is pretty Super in a game where the typical character has an 8 DC attack, average where most characters toss around 10 DC, and underpowered in games where 12 DC is the norm.  There is no absolute "Superman STR" - his STR is "campaign maximum damage, or close to".  In a game where attacks range from 8 DC to 12 DC, I'd expect a 55 or 60 STR.  If the game norm is 12 - 15 DC< I'd expect STR 70 - 75.  But STR 70 would be ridiculously high in a game where characters are built to an 8 to 10 DC standard.

Your comments on DEX and SPD  highlight this.  If "everyone" is DEX 35, SPD, then Supes needs those stats to compete.  Drop "everybody" 15 DEX and 2 SPD so the typical Super has 20 DEX, 4 SPD, and they interact with each other on exactly the same basis.  OCV 12 hits DCV 12 just as often as OCV 7 hits DCV 7.  But we just shaved 50 points off the price of a base-level Super.

Matt's Champions Page.

Matt started Project 250 where he created a number of well known comic book characters built on 250 Points which was the standard from the 2nd through 4th Editions.  This site is the expansion of that idea with a large number of 250 Points and 350 Points well known comic book characters build on the 4th Edition.

I found this to be inspirational which is why I created my own thread.  One problem I found with Matt's builds was they seemed low powered and unbalanced compared to standard 250 Points Champions characters like Crusader and Pulsar.  To be fair my Builds are pretty much uniform and lack a lot of the details the "real" characters have.

http://www.mattcave.fcpages.com/champions.html