Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker

Starlord

4 minutes ago, death tribble said:

The voice I believe we hear is Ian Mcdiarmid aka Darth Sideous aka Palpatine.

Call yourself Star Wars fans and you could not identify that voice.......

And if you look him up on Google you'll get info that he will be in the new film.

Without reading this post, my son and I figure it’s Palpatine cause of the line, no one is ever really gone. Then the laugh.

Please recall that the Star Wars franchise is now wholly owned and operated by the Disney Megacorp. This media hegemony also owns Pixar,  of course.

I will simply point out that no first Pixar trailer ever--EVER--has given any useful information at all about what actually happens in the movie.

I will also note that this tendency has begun to bleed into the rest of Disney's cinematic offerings. Anyone remember the first trailer for Frozen, by chance?

Furthermore, having just watched the original trailer for The Last Jedi again, I will make this observation: Although the featured scenes were actually in the movie (which puts them a step ahead of Pixar, I suppose), collectively the trailer provided no useful information whatsoever about what the movie was going to be about, or about what actually happened in any of the scenes in question.

In short, I submit to you that making any kind of judgement on this movie, for good or for ill, based strictly on this trailer is sheer folly--a leap from the precipice of logic at best.*

Thank you for your consideration.

--

*Of course, I could be wrong....

9 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Please recall that the Star Wars franchise is now wholly owned and operated by the Disney Megacorp. This media hegemony also owns Pixar,  of course.

I will simply point out that no first Pixar trailer ever--EVER--has given any useful information at all about what actually happens in the movie.

I will also note that this tendency has begun to bleed into the rest of Disney's cinematic offerings. Anyone remember the first trailer for Frozen, by chance?

Furthermore, having just watched the original trailer for The Last Jedi again, I will make this observation: Although the featured scenes were actually in the movie (which puts them a step ahead of Pixar, I suppose), collectively the trailer provided no useful information whatsoever about what the movie was going to be about, or about what actually happened in any of the scenes in question.

In short, I submit to you that making any kind of judgement on this movie, for good or for ill, based strictly on this trailer is sheer folly--a leap from the precipice of logic at best.*

--

Aka teaser trailer. 

50 minutes ago, Pariah said:

--

Unless I find out the Last Jedi is retconned into Finn's fever dream, there is no coming back.  

Though, if not, I demand a space battle where 2 fleets of empty ships save one droid pilot each try to maneuver themselves into position for a kamikaze hyperspeed jump.

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

That tagline about a generation and a hero seems familiar...

Oh yeah, because they used it for The Phantom Menace trailer

That worked out great

IMO, I like the prequels way more than the current sequels.   And I loathed I and II (III not so bad)

So, far the sequels have been a knockoff remake of the original movie, and an abomination I need to risk felony possession of illegal substances to get through again.