Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker

Starlord

I’m hoping we will. We don’t know who Anakin’s dad is. The whole canon says it “is believed to be Midichlorians” which is just as silly as the concept of Midichlorians in the first place. So what is in the name “Skywalker” — why it is so special? 

We need a prequel-of-the-prequels to know answers. If not, I’m making up my own. For starters “Skywalker” is like “Pendragon”, an honourific that became a surname/dynasty. Secondly, Anakin’s dad was the Jedi who made the prophecy that Anakin would bring balance to The Force. Etc. 

I hate to derail the "Cats/Thundercats" thread, but the family went to Rise of Skywalker yesterday.

To me, this was the best of the three.  Although it included a lot of homage to RotJ, it kept its own identity as well. 

It was really the only one of the three which seemed to feature the new "main characters" (Finn, Rey and Poe; sorry, but I did not find Rose a "main character") over the older characters.  Rise of the Force felt more like "starring Han Solo and others", and Last Jedi was "closure of the Luke Skywalker story".  This was the first movie where the new characters seemed like the central focus of the storyline, with the old characters relegated to supporting roles (much like Obi-Wan and Yoda in the original trilogy).  Too bad, I suppose, that they will not likely get a second movie of their own.

Rose probably could have been developed into a more significant character.  She was definitely not the new trilogy's Lando, at least not to me, coming out of Last Jedi.

Saw it. He rants about liking Last Jedi, but I disliked that it seemed a deconstruction of the Star Wars mythos. I thought this was fun, an excellent homage to ROTJ and brought many stories to an end. Kylo's story was very much Anakin's repeated. Rey was very much Luke.

I liked in the end that Kylo and Rey, after the emperor drained them and Ren used her remaining strength to defeat him, that they didn't have enough life force between them for 2 people and that BEN recognized that she needed to be the one to remain. I really though, the last scene would be not only Luke and Leia by Ben, Annakin, Obiwan etc standing there. Anyone else notice when Rey healed Kylo, the scar disappeared also.

I didn't get the hate for Rose (surprising I know since I hate the Last Jedi).  I can take some of her stupidity since she was pretty much just rank and file.

Huldo-was much, much more unforgiveable.  A vice-admiral, who is now in charge, should not have been so damn stupid.  No one with such a lack of knowledge of troop morale should get that highly ranked.  The most surprising thing of her character arc is why the mutiny wasn't larger.  

I hate Huldo more than other character in the series, and I hunt Ewoks.

Much like the original trilogy, the command structure of the Rebellion seemed pretty fluid, and very hazy.  Was Leia a ranking leader, or a low-ranking spy?  Presenting those awards at the end of A New Hope suggested she held a pretty senior leadership role, but she didn't seem to have many, if any, subordinates. 

The main characters went from "new recruit" (or, for Han, non-recruit) to "General" pretty rapidly.  However, those "Generals" didn't seems to be leading any lower-ranked officers underneath them.  Maybe, in a Galaxy Far Far Away, "General" means "one assigned to suicide missions" :)