Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker

Starlord

7 hours ago, Badger said:

From what I can tell from other reviews,  Hux seems to end up being a Norrington from Pirates of the Caribbean ripoff, IMO, with the respective character arcs

Disney recycling their own plots?  Say it aint so, Walt.

I disagree.  Norrington was an honorable man who allied himself with dishonorable people to regain his command and his former station  He was able to reclaim his honor before his death.

Hux, on the other hand, had no honor at all.  His motive for betraying the First Order was entirely selfish and vengeful.  "I need Kylo Ren to lose!"  Remember that if it wasn't for his hesitation in The Last Jedi, he would have become Supreme Leader.

Hope that helps.

Just now, wcw43921 said:

I disagree.  Norrington was an honorable man who allied himself with dishonorable people to regain his command and his former station  He was able to reclaim his honor before his death.

Hux, on the other hand, had no honor at all.  His motive for betraying the First Order was entirely selfish and vengeful.  "I need Kylo Ren to lose!"  Remember that if it wasn't for his hesitation in The Last Jedi, he would have become Supreme Leader.

Hope that helps.

Wasn't going by reputation, when I said that.  I was going by first movie, as the a high-ranking officer in an Empire, to 2nd movie, fall from grace and/or prestige to last movie dying while helping the heroes in some way (if what I heard about Hux being right).  Definitely, differences in honor and heroism, but my admittedly unclear connecting had nothing to do with such.  Just their play throughout their respective trilogies had some interesting similarity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 10:48 AM, Hermit said:

I keep wondering when and if we're going to see someone try to pull an Orville on Star Wars.. That is, Orville is nOT star trek, but it's so close fans recognize a homage (Some would say a rip off) and some embraced it as carrying the spirit of it.

If someone makes Star Wars 'inspired' stuff that's close enough to be kissing cousin but just far enough away not to get sued, I have to wonder how many old Star Wars fans would jump on that band wagon?

How about this?