Full Characteristics Block Export Template

sentry0

6 hours ago, sentry0 said:

Is there an export template for the Full Characteristics Block style of write up we find in books?

I'm using something I built yesterday but am wondering if there's something official and where would I find it?

Have you looked at the downloads section of herogames.com? There are a bunch of different templates there. I don't know exactly where I got mine, come to think of it, but I suspect this is where they came from.

Just now, Brian Stanfield said:

Have you looked at the downloads section of herogames.com? There are a bunch of different templates there. I don't know exactly where I got mine, come to think of it, but I suspect this is where they came from.

I did, I based my temple off of one I found there.  It was already pretty close but it was not quite in the right format in many sections so I ended up modifying it for 6e.

I may post it if no one can point me at one.

2 hours ago, Brian Stanfield said:

Try this: 

See if it gets you what you want. It's like the stat blocks in the 5e books. Spence also uploaded one that's exactly like the character sheet in the back of the books as well.

That's a nice one but it's not quite what I'm looking for...there are a couple of minor things that don't quite match up to the FCB write ups for 6e.  I'm piecing this together based on the writers guidelines for 5th and the tweaked format for 6th.

I'm going to post my modded version...it's just a text export but you can copy/paste/modify it and it cleans up nice in a word processor.  I have the whole process down to about 5 minutes now :P

4 minutes ago, Brian Stanfield said:

Let me know when you get it done. I’d like to see it. 

I'm making an RTF version as I write this...better for formatting and cuts out an extra step.

It's almost done...having an issue with special characters that I'm trying to sort out.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:58 AM, Brian Stanfield said:

I don’t know how to do any of this, especially the xml. I used to do ok with html, but I’m looking for a good text output instead, and there aren’t many of them available. I’m curious to see, and it would be awesome if it saved me the trouble of having to learn xml. 

What word processing software do you use? 

I'm asking because I used LibreOffice for this export template...everything should "just work" in MS Word but I would prefer to test it before I post.

The file is attached to this post if you or anyone else feels like trying it out.

It gets you most of the way there to a back of book write up...certain sections like powers and disads require some after export messaging.