The next Primus Avenger Program.

Wakshaani

In both the PRIMUS source book, and the agency's previous depiction in Classic Organizations, the Golden Avenger was effective field commander of PRIMUS, but there was a Director above him. Champions Universe declares the GA to be the head of PRIMUS, but I don't think it makes sense to confine your strongest front-line fighter to what is of necessity a desk job. So I agree with you.

Good call on the Departmental distinction between SAT and PRIMUS. Never thought of that. SAT's smaller size would make more sense for a military strike force than for a domestic law-enforcement agency.

1 hour ago, Wakshaani said:

(but SAT, the Super American tactics? That effectively dead org I rebuilt as, in effect, GI Joe. THAT'S the international terrorist-fighting arm of the US military. Gives each organization a reason to exist.)

I like that idea, which would give you a reason to us WSS

Not familiar with the new almanac I'm afraid, but, SAT having a role was nice to deal with having two otherwise-similar groups. And, yes, having your top field agent as the desk jockey was a problem, so, brought the director back for my home games... each regional office has a civilian head, too. In Boston (the city I ran for my hero teams), you had the Director, with the Silver Avenger his right hand, then heads of field operations (Captain Dermott... field officers topped at Captain), head of the Iron Guard, head of investigations, head of R&D, and then a liason officer who workd with each local superteam (The liasons were all pulled from the bureaucratic majority that the director was in charge of, so they had no official power other than advisory, but it was good form to have them around for major calls.)

That's a lot of paperwork, but, we're talking about a bureaucratic force, so it works. :D

SAT, meanwhile, was the strikeforce and, unlike Primus which had a turf war/rivalry with UNTIL, SAT worked with them … in essence, SAT was the tip of the spear, sent in first, then UNTIL would come in as peacekeepers, akin to having the US military assault somewhere and the Blue Helmets take over when the fighting was done. The setup allowed each force to do what it did best, so there wasn't all that much friction between the two.

There is, however, a lot of one-upmanship between Primus agents and SAT troopers, tho.

"Nice watching you guys guard the mayor last week. All that standing around in dress uniforms. Musta been nice."
"Yeah, well we ere on the lookout for super villains."
"Oh, like the ones we took down three weeks ago?"
"What, the *Canadian* villains? No, we were watching for REAL villains."
"Hey, don't sell him short because he's Canadian! The Amasing Darkon is-"
"The Amazing Darkon! Listen to this guy! Couldn't cut it in a real *American* outfit."
"You shut your mouth before I shut it for you!"

Etc etc and so on. 

• 3 years later...

It all goes tandem with the genetics and weapons programs started just prior to WW2 (Platinum Age). That time period was a prelude to everything that follows in your event timeline(s). Hence the Tuskegee Experiments are relevant.

Zerstoiten (Dr.D) was ahead of the curve during the forthcoming WW2 researches and developments. As were ANY bright individuals who could see that the true nature of the human species was to make a colossal leap forward during the 20th century through technology, medicine and mutations. Regardless of the costs, eggs had to be broken to make better omelets.

Technology at the time (prior to the 1990's) was unable to keep up with what the intervening extraterrestrial civilizations had handed the human race. Soo, yes a scientist or group of soldiers, or one mentalist could be kept on stasis for 50 years or more until the technology infrastructure (the world wide web and other tech devices) were constructed and took effect for the New Age.

Multiple scenarios for these origins are plot devices that branch out as any continuum does in any universe. 

Is it still a mystery why Dr. Destroyer made his move in 1992 at the birth of the World Wide Web with these things considered?

...I just have to put a lil' more on this topic:

I see that you started this discourse back in 2019. Then I assume you went silent due to the Pandemic and other real world issues. That's very understandable.

But here it is 2022, our world has changed and you have not reopened this discussion as far as I can see. 

Maybe you can revitalize a PRIMUS Silver/Golden Avengers initiative based on some real world events? Idk.

I want to point out that you had a Meriquai Falls free RPG Day 2018. The Totem Hunters were referenced in Digital Hero # 4, and had a PRIMUS Wizard located in Meriquai Falls therein. 

I used this "Bottled" or canned plotline, along with elements of Battlegrounds (say Interfaced) some Dark Champions/Hudson City crime orgs, Widows and Orphans (Hero Plus) -the Revolution or "Big Night" made sense to be more/less in Southwestern Meriquai Falls with the "Hole" in between- and elements of the "Mexican Standoff" to formally introduce PRIMUS into my campaign. Exocain is a knock-off of Cyberline, with a hidden nano-tech element that I will elude to no more at this juncture- and of course the stolen equipment fell firmly into PRIMUS' jurisdiction.

I hope you figure out what, where, why and how PRIMUS takes shape into our future(s). Mayhap tis more relevant than you could imagine- muhaa ;)

Warning: Some of the resources mentioned above are very mature subject material. But do we not live in a maturing world?

7 hours ago, 1corpus christopher said:

Warning: Some of the resources mentioned above are very mature subject material. But do we not live in a maturing world?

If you look over various Champions forums and Discords, the strict adherence to 70s-80s Silver Age, Comics Code, era tropes, and their antipathy to 90s era comics tropes, would be a good argument against a maturing world, or that Champions is an escape from a maturing world?

Even the propensity for people to play and run Teen Hero campaigns is perhaps a stronger argument against it.  🙃

Really depends on your definition of "maturing," doesn't it? Much of the world looks like it's going in the opposite direction. Populism and tribal nationalism are resurging across the West, the Middle East, and southeast Asia. Religious fundamentalism, of many faiths, is also on the rise. Authoritarianism is reasserting itself in a number of nations that appeared to be growing more political liberal, and intolerance where more socially liberal. None of these things are new, but the progress humanity as a whole seemed to be making in those areas has temporarily backslid.

If we're defining "maturity" as general awareness and debate of such issues, IMO that's a matter of what's currently fashionable in popular culture. Huge segments of the populace are today in active denial of the implications of those trends. In times and places when socio-politics was more a subject for serious debate and depiction, such as the Iron Age of comics, it seemed to fuel a tone of cynicism and even nihilism, bleak hopelessness and the deconstruction of heroic icons. OTOH I see the surge in superhero-focused entertainments today as feeding a desire for depictions of positive role models, heroes who actually stand for something better than hatred and revenge.

I like to think that's where "classic" Champions fits. It's a world that is in some ways better than the real one, because we want to believe that the world can be better. And you can't build a better world unless you can first imagine it. ;)