assigning PSLs

dekrass

Question

I'm confused by this part of the PSL description in 6E1 "A character can change how his OPSLs are assigned as a Zero Phase Action. However, unless the GM permits otherwise, he may not change the assignment of his OPSLs more than once in a Phase." There's a section that's the same for DPSLs.

My interpretation of the rest of the text is that you choose a type of penalty and which attacks they apply to when you buy the PSL. What do you assign from phase to phase?

1 answer to this question

You're correct that you assign what type of penalty a PSL applies to is defined when you buy them -- e.g., Ranged Skill Levels or Targeting Skill Levels. In most cases there isn't any question of "assigning" PSLs the way you do with CSLs, since PSLs just apply to offset one specific penalty. I left that language in just to be clear that if any issue about assigning them does come up, in some rare situation I can't conceive of right now, the same rule applies as for CSLs:  you can't allocate them more than once per Phase. Just me being cautious, that's all. ;)