Armor

rwilliams514

Hi.  I'm new to the system, and the program, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.  Is there a way to do armor, like a piece of equipment, and show how it only covers certain areas of the body?  It's a resistance defense for both physical and energy.  I was thinking just having a PD and ED characteristic increase, with the resistance advantage and the real armor limitation.  But I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it, or how to do it only covering certain parts of the body.

The short answer is yes, it is built exactly like it would be in the core rulebook. 

Being lazy, I pulled up armor and shields in Hero Designer from my copy of the Hero System Equipment Guide Character Pack and compared it to the ones in the dead tree rulebooks and they are the same. 

Being a really lazy GM, I advise that if you already have Hero Designer, I'd just buy the Equipment Guide and save myself some time :whistle: 

1 hour ago, rwilliams514 said:

Hi.  I'm new to the system, and the program, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.  Is there a way to do armor, like a piece of equipment, and show how it only covers certain areas of the body?  It's a resistance defense for both physical and energy.  I was thinking just having a PD and ED characteristic increase, with the resistance advantage and the real armor limitation.  But I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it, or how to do it only covering certain parts of the body.

I would just buy Resistant Protection, and use the Requires a Roll Limitation for the "covers only certain parts" part.

Lucius Alexander

Getting barding for a palindromedary

I sorta do it like Lucius but I edit the limitation to include what location(s) the armor covers . . . 

Like this:

Spider Silk Hood:  Damage Resistance (3 PD/3 ED); (Protects Locations 3-5) (-1 1/2)

I can't recall where I get the limitation values but I'm pretty sure it 's the same place as the "covers only certain parts" that Lucius mentioned.

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

I sorta do it like Lucius but I edit the limitation to include what location(s) the armor covers . . . 

Like this:

Spider Silk Hood:  Damage Resistance (3 PD/3 ED); (Protects Locations 3-5) (-1 1/2)

I can't recall where I get the limitation values but I'm pretty sure it 's the same place as the "covers only certain parts" that Lucius mentioned.

I am sorry, that's what I should have said, yes. Use the Locations as your "Activation roll." That as I understand it is the "official" way it's done.

Lucius Alexander

Getting a bard for a palindromedary