Question on adding STR to HKA

Steve has been adding edits to his response to the 6E Rules question thread I started, based on Private Message discussions we've had, so you can read his additions to this point. They're actually quite illuminating. But I'm afraid we've been talking past each other -- it seems I haven't been able to communicate the crux of your original question. Hopefully my latest message is clear enough that he'll address that.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Steve has been adding edits to his response to the 6E Rules question thread I started, based on Private Message discussions we've had, so you can read his additions to this point. They're actually quite illuminating. But I'm afraid we've been talking past each other -- it seems I haven't been able to communicate the crux of your original question. Hopefully my latest message is clear enough that he'll address that.

I figured that was what your post was about, and I was going to send him a message to clarify the problem, but I figured you had it in hand. Dan Simon answered my question in the Hero Designer, saying Reduced END did not factor into the prorated cost, and it matches what I was seeing in my example knife, so I think he’s on the same page with RAW as far as I can tell, although he didn’t give a list of the Advantages that are excluded. 

I think as an easy solution to the HD problem (if there is one) is to add custom Limitations to offset the Advantages, or just a Negative Custom Adder at the end to offset the real cost. This isn’t a perfect solution, but I think it works well enough.