Avengers Endgame with spoilers

Bazza

12 hours ago, zslane said:

Yeah, there was no way Warner Brothers was going to let Jamie Alexander take time away from Blindspot to help Disney make $2.5B.

I really liked Alexander's Sif, but Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie appears to have made more of an impact on the public consciousness. I'd say she had the "Asgardian woman warrior" slot locked.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amazing thing to me is that no one suspects that Thanos is still alive and has the Infinity stones.

Think about it.

Thanos is on the alien planet all alone wanting to retire. He knows that everyone will figure out it was him who snapped half of everyone out of existence and that armies of angry people will come after him looking for revenge. So he's either going to have to live out the rest of his life on the run, kill off everyone who comes after him, or come up with a real plan (aka not retiring to a rural planet while waiting for people to come after him).

So he uses the Infinity Gauntlet to create a duplicate Thanos who "remembers" that he used the Infinity Gauntlet to destroy the Infinity Stones.

Then the real Thanos flies off on a spaceship, leaving the duplicate behind to take the fall from whoever comes looking for revenge. Once the duplicate is killed, the heat is off and everyone will stop looking for him.

The Avengers detect the power flare of Thanos creating the duplicate and kill the duplicate on schedule.

The real Thanos has quietly retired to some base he'd set up in advance and is living a life of luxury while watching his erstwhile hunters running around like self-satisfied fools.

Sure, he could've also created an alternate reality where no one suspects he actually destroyed half of all life and the populace of each planet watches a story of heroes that takes place over 11 years on movie screens culminating in BARELY defeating an amazingly talented and handsome purple supervillain.

4 hours ago, archer said:

The amazing thing to me is that no one suspects that Thanos is still alive and has the Infinity stones.

Think about it.

Thanos is on the alien planet all alone wanting to retire. He knows that everyone will figure out it was him who snapped half of everyone out of existence and that armies of angry people will come after him looking for revenge. So he's either going to have to live out the rest of his life on the run, kill off everyone who comes after him, or come up with a real plan (aka not retiring to a rural planet while waiting for people to come after him).

So he uses the Infinity Gauntlet to create a duplicate Thanos who "remembers" that he used the Infinity Gauntlet to destroy the Infinity Stones.

Then the real Thanos flies off on a spaceship, leaving the duplicate behind to take the fall from whoever comes looking for revenge. Once the duplicate is killed, the heat is off and everyone will stop looking for him.

The Avengers detect the power flare of Thanos creating the duplicate and kill the duplicate on schedule.

The real Thanos has quietly retired to some base he'd set up in advance and is living a life of luxury while watching his erstwhile hunters running around like self-satisfied fools.

There is already similar theories out there. The one I read concerned Mistress Death. 

14 hours ago, Bazza said:

The one I read concerned Mistress Death.

A theory that could only inhabit the 616 comics continuity I'm afraid. There is no Mistress Death in the MCU, and I strongly suspect there never will be at this point.

Hela would probably be the best candidate.  We don't really know what happened to her after Surtur destroyed Asgard.  I mean, we presume she died, but we don't really know that for sure.  Or what death means for a goddess of death.

Still, I don't think they should bring Thanos back anytime soon, if ever.  It makes Iron Man's sacrifice mean a lot less.

I wasn't happy with the MCU's habit of bumping off its classic villains so abruptly, but for this iteration of Thanos I have to agree it was time. He had a magnificent story arc doing justice to his character, and treating him with the respect due a villain of his prestige and magnitude of threat. I'd be quite content if Thanos never returns in a movie, and upset if there isn't a very long gap until he returns in any form.

I really liked Alexander's Sif, but Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie appears to have made more of an impact on the public consciousness.

I think if Sif had had as much of a part and action as Valkyrie people would have liked her at least as much.

Until Iron Man snaps his finger and wishes away Thanos.

On 5/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Until Iron Man snaps his finger and wishes away Thanos.

On the topic of "events have impact", what happens when all those people who disappeared all across the universe reappear again 5 years later?  What happens when the broader cosmic MCU learns it was backwater earth people who did that?

That would likely eliminate much similarity between MCU earth and MCU Watchers earth, so I doubt it will be pursued.

My guess is that aside from mopey people and depressing scenes, there won't be much reaction or change from all the people who disappeared.  But we already know from the next Spider-Man movie that Mysterio comes from another dimension (at least, Nick Fury thinks so), so they've opened up the whole multiverse concept which to me is a mistake.