Avengers Endgame with spoilers

Bazza

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, zslane said:

And Feige is still in charge of QC for the MCU. I do not look forward to the day he leaves that post.

Neither do I, but I do expect at some point he will be made head of Paramount, or Universal, so the investors will have someone who can  pick and guide good movies. Feige is a once in a generation talent. 

On 5/24/2019 at 7:28 AM, Hugh Neilson said:

On the topic of "events have impact", what happens when all those people who disappeared all across the universe reappear again 5 years later?  What happens when the broader cosmic MCU learns it was backwater earth people who did that?

People do seem to be more or less ignoring the fact that Tony Stark built a mother-hecking Infinity Gauntlet. The capability may not be wide-spread yet, but Earth has the ability to run with the galactic big boys, in terms of tech at least, if not economically.

People do seem to be more or less ignoring the fact that Tony Stark built a mother-hecking Infinity Gauntlet.

Yeah I thought that was a bit of a stretch since you know, he had nothing to work from, didn't work on it, wasn't shown studying anything, and just pulled it out of his rear end at the last moment.

2 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Yeah I thought that was a bit of a stretch since you know, he had nothing to work from, didn't work on it, wasn't shown studying anything, and just pulled it out of his rear end at the last moment.

By Endgame, Stark had exposure to Loki's staff, the Space stone, the Mind stone, Mjolnir, the remnants of the original Gauntlet, and Nebula who might have been present when it was made.  The Avengers engineering team included Stark, Banner, Rocket, and Scott Lang.  It's still odd that they were able to build one without uru metal, and this should probably have been addressed, but I can live with how it was portrayed.

9 hours ago, Zeropoint said:

People do seem to be more or less ignoring the fact that Tony Stark built a mother-hecking Infinity Gauntlet. The capability may not be wide-spread yet, but Earth has the ability to run with the galactic big boys, in terms of tech at least, if not economically.

Well, technically, Stark, Banner and Rocket built an Infinity Gauntlet from what I saw.  Rocket has been shown to build super-advanced weaponry out of spare parts in minutes.

It's too bad Reed Richards and Tony Stark won't be in the MCU together.  The talks those two could have had about super-science and super-technology could spin the heads of just about everyone else in the scene.

I suppose flashbacks are possible.  .  .

The implications of changing the past in such a profound way are enormous, though. What about everything that happened to everyone over those five years? The things they accomplished, the lessons they learned. What about the children who were born (including Tony's own daughter)? Would the Avengers have the right to just erase all that?

For my part, I think Tony finally learned the lesson that led him to repeated terrible mistakes in his life: no person has the wisdom to play God.