Avengers Endgame with spoilers

Bazza

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say I really admire how they took the "look back" concept and made it a core feature and point of the entire movie.  They did it specifically in a way that really sold it, and I could have easily suspended disbelief if they hadn't done it so well.

I also read a thing a year ago about how "Infinity War" was meant to be "a heist movie", and I realized that was more in reference to this movie than anything else.

6 hours ago, Old Man said:

I cried when Spider-Man came back.

The tears started for me when they got back... and Nat wasn't there. Again... the actors were on their game and those characters displayed sincere grief and the loss reverberated. I was pretty much sniffling or outright crying for the rest of the movie, after that.

17 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Questions - So did Cap just 'lay low' for 70 years?  How did Peter (still a teen) come back to school with his friends who may have been alive for 5 years?

We don’t know how the dusted were distributed. If you assume an even distribution, then there’s a 50% chance that any given friend of Peter was also dusted. If, however, Thanos was aiming to create a more evenly-distributed population density post-snap, then high population density areas like New York City would be harder hit and there would a greater chance of Peter’s friends being dusted. In any event, just looking at what was on screen, NYC, in general (and Queens, specifically, as demonstrated by Citi Field) looked heavily depopulated..

Having considered for a bit longer, here are a couple of other favorite moments for me:

• Natasha's Heroic Sacrifice and Clint's reaction to it. Genuinely heart-rending.
  • "I'm still worthy." Even the God of Hammers Thunder has doubts sometimes. Very human.
  • Scott's frantic search for his daughter's name on the memorial stones--and his discovery of his own, instead.
  • Thanos head-butting Carol, and Carol acting like she didn't even notice. Damn, that woman is tough!
  • "That is America's ass!"

Really, the entire movie was amazing. There was nothing about it that I disliked.