Wish List: Next Round of Marvel Movies

Pariah

Moon Knight (introduce him in Black Panther 2, later give him his own film)

New Warriors (introduce Nova in GotG 3, and Speedball in an upcoming Spidey movie)

Squirrel Girl (introduce her in the next Avengers film as leader of the west coast group)

Gwenpool 

New Warriors is also supposed to be getting a television show. I am not sure how that is going to work out right now. Wanda/vision, Loki, and someone else is definitely lit. The Netflix stuff cant be used for two years. She Hulk and Hulk are supposed to get a show but no one knows when its happening. Only the villains from the FF and Xmen might be in use since the word is Marvel doesn't want to launch them for the MCU. I don't know where Captain Britain falls but if he falls in the Xmen IP I doubt he is getting used either.

Confirmed Movies after Spiderman are Doc Strange 2, Gotg 3, Black Panther 2, and the Eternals.

Sony is doing Spiderman television shows with the guys from the Spiderverse

CES    

On 4/29/2019 at 11:31 PM, Grailknight said:

I want Shang-Chi to use the Gulacy stories with him as an MI-6 agent alongside Reston, Tarr, Lei-ko and Sir Dennis. I want Fu Manchu and to hell with the Chinese market. But I know money talks and this is highly unlikely.

It is possible for a character to be both a hateful stereotype and a great character in their own right.  It is just a matter of whether you view the character as typical representative of the group in question or as an individual with little in common with most members of the group.  Fu Manchu is definitely one of these characters; a literary villain right up their with Professor Moriarty but also the very face of yellow peril racism. With an Asian director, writer and star, they could probably get away with recognizable likeness of Fu Manchu as the villain. However, I doubt an Asian director, writer and star would want have anything to do with that project.

Pretty complex copyright issues, I believe.  Marvel licensed Fu Manchu and used him in Shang-Chi, but let the license lapse when the book was done (why pay for IP you don't use?).  The novels lapsed into public domain, but the Rohmer estate has a trademark on the name.  The novels grew into movies which added many characters, as well as that distinctive facial hair, so which elements are public domain is challenging to assess (much like many Superman elements really come from the radio series).

5 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I don't know if they can use Fu Manchu.  I don't think Marvel has the rights

CES

No, they don't have the rights anymore and there is some bad blood between them and the Rohmer estate.  Still, I suspect it is nothing that a bunch of cash couldn't fix.

I'd like....

A GREAT FF movie with a comic accurate Doom

Namor movie(there's more to work with here than you might think...especially if you show him in various time periods. He also has cool foes.)

A Hawkeye stand alone film with Hawkeye's REAL personality.

Wonder Man

I wouldn't mind a stab at Alpha Flight, The Thunderbolts, or Machine Man either