Skill Levels, situational

eepjr24

Question

Okay, your previous reply on Trigger interrupts made great sense. If instead of the HKA situation, the character went with a Change Environment to force a dexterity check to not fumble the incantations (thinking more something distracting or interfering like tossing sand in their face,  a fake to the head with a weapon or shield, etc). If this kind of ability became more common I can see some casters reacting by staying further away, disfavoring incantations, etc. But if they wanted to try to offset the Dexterity penalties, they could also buy Skill Levels (limited or not) to offset the CE penalties. This might be another of those corner / edge cases you could deal with in the next APG or another supplement. No answer required and you can delete if you find not appropriate for the rules forum.

- E

1 answer to this question

It's a fascinating thought -- seeing how each side would react to the other's latest tactic. Sort of like ECM, then ECCM, then ECCCM, ad infinitum. ;)  I'm tempted to try to build a Fantasy setting with magic developed to this extent -- individual "styles" and what have you of combat spellcasting in an effort to maximize your impact and minimize your enemy's. Either that, or maybe work it into my Chaos Blades setting, which is already heavily focused on certain types of combat magic.

In any event, you're certainly making me think, so take 2 XP out of petty cash as your reward. :hex: