3rd edition character generation?

Kaze9999

As a player I prefer pencil and paper to build characters. 

As a GM, Hero Designer is a favorite tool and I am really missing it while building up my 4th Ed game. 

While I know it will never happen and do understand why.  The appearance of 3rd and 4th edition support would be a fantastic thing if it ever magically happened.  

HD is probably the reason I keep circling back to 5th Ed.

Hero Designer lets you apply cost multiples to items, so you can manually set the x1/2, x1/4, etc.  I don't recall if Heromaker does that; it wouldn't surprise me if it does as well. 

Hero Designer lets you set up a full custom rules template to get the 3rd edition costs right.  I don't think Heromaker does that, though I could be mistaken.  

The hard part with both is getting half, quarter, eighth, and so on, multiples on END Cost.  I think HD lets you do that by hand-massaging the XML of the character sheet.  If not it's for sure something that can be handled in an output template.  

On 5/8/2019 at 9:02 AM, Chris Goodwin said:

Hero Designer lets you apply cost multiples to items, so you can manually set the x1/2, x1/4, etc.  I don't recall if Heromaker does that; it wouldn't surprise me if it does as well. 

Hero Designer lets you set up a full custom rules template to get the 3rd edition costs right.  I don't think Heromaker does that, though I could be mistaken.  

The hard part with both is getting half, quarter, eighth, and so on, multiples on END Cost.  I think HD lets you do that by hand-massaging the XML of the character sheet.  If not it's for sure something that can be handled in an output template.  

That is a template I would like to get!

Is there any interest in cooperatively working on a general 3rd edition rules template?  I can put mine up somewhere for people to download and hack on.  I'd have to find it first... it's on my computer's hard drive somewhere, and my son has sort of taken over my computer.  

Edited to add:  With the caveat that we won't expect anything more than 3rd edition costs for Powers, Skills, and Disadvantages, and that we're responsible on our own for figuring out how to do the other parts.