Origins 2019

grandmastergm

Hello,

I managed to get my games scheduled at Origins this year.  I am not a part of a group, but I will be running a few HERO games at Origins this year.   Here is my schedule:

A Life Less Ordinary (HERO System, Anime HERO): Some students in Japan acquire great powers and must stop a force of terrifying and insidious evil from consuming their college campus.  RPG. 4-6 Players.  Wednesday, June 12th from 2 pm - 6 pm.

Revelations 1001 (HERO System, Fantasy HERO):  The End Times of Book of Revelation are literally coming true in 1001 A.D.  Six heroes have been gathered by the forces of light, some of them far more reluctantly than others, to gather sacred artifacts that will help defeat the Anti-Christ and his forces. They must brave terrible monsters and great evil to acquire them, and then shall face the Anti-Christ and his army on the plains of Megiddo. This game is intended to be an entertaining and thought-provoking game, and every effort has been made to treat faith with the utmost respect, and no offense is intended towards anyone's individual beliefs. RPG. 4-6 Players.  Wednesday, June 12th from 7 pm - 11 pm.

Legacies (HERO System, Champions):  You are descended from the superheroes that won World War II. Can you uncover the mystery behind their disappearance?  Could it be the work of their old nemeses? RPG. 4-6 Players.  Thursday, June 13th from 7 pm - 11 pm.

The Temple of the Three Valleys (HERO System, Martial Arts HERO): Set in late-16th century China, a group of heroes from all over the world have come to a village to find a long-lost temple that contains the secrets of martial arts and great riches.  They must also use their martial arts skill and superhuman wu shu abilities to defeat a ferocious tyrant and his minions. RPG. 4-6 Players.  Friday, June 14th from 10 am - 2 pm.

Kazei 5: Juke Joint Jezebel (HERO System, Kazei 5): Set in the anime cyberpunk world created by Susano/Michael Surbrook, a group of mercenaries find themselves in over their heads when they investigate a break-in at a corporate facility.  RPG. 4-6 Players.  Saturday, June 15th from 10 am - 2 pm.

11 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

I have sold out A Life Less Ordinary, Legacies, Temple of the 3 Valleys, and Juke Joint Jezebel.  Revelations 1001 still has 3 tickets left unsold.

Anyone on the forums going to play in my games?  Just curious.

I tried to sign up, but I was too late. The Revelations session is at a bad time for me because the guy I’ll be with has to be up early for meetings. So I couldn’t sign up for that one. I’m totally shut out of the HERO sessions this year! I really wanted to do the Ninja Hero session. 

1 hour ago, Brian Stanfield said:

I tried to sign up, but I was too late. The Revelations session is at a bad time for me because the guy I’ll be with has to be up early for meetings. So I couldn’t sign up for that one. I’m totally shut out of the HERO sessions this year! I really wanted to do the Ninja Hero session. 

Bummer.  Yes, there were a few GMs I like to play with (Rich Downey, Paul McNeil, and Shane Harsch) that I wanted to game with, but sadly their games were all sold out.

Keep checking, there are always cancellations-  if you want to play in the Legacies or the Temple of the 3 Valleys games, I could run those for 7 players.  Let me know what I need to do to get you a slot.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm filling in for a canceling GM in the Rogue Cthulhu room. Since I'm a last-minute change, my games aren't on the event grid.

I'll be running games Wed 2p-6p, and Thu/Fri/Sat 9a-1p. I haven't decided which will be when, but I'll have these prepared:

Meep on the Borderland, HERO muppet fantasy adventure

Spideys on Infinite Earths, Marvel FASERIP Spider-Verse characters that weren't in the movie like Lady Spider, Supaidaman, Kraven the Spider, and Spider-Punk.

Monster Hunter All-Stars, Dresden Files RPG starring Hellboy, Constantine, Venkman, Hermoine, and others

Cereal Killers, HERO breakfast icons fight monsters

23 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:
On 6/4/2019 at 5:48 PM, mattingly said:

Feel free to update that on your website....

(who said that?!)

You mean these Cereal Killer character sheets in the shape and size of mini-cereal boxes...?

Also, you can read up on Meep on the Borderland here, and download the character sheets here.

I'm filling in for a canceling GM in the Rogue Cthulhu room. Since I'm a last-minute change, my games aren't on the event grid.

I'll be running games Wed 2p-6p, and Thu/Fri/Sat 9a-1p. I haven't decided which will be when, but I'll have these prepared:

Spideys on Infinite Earths, Marvel FASERIP Spider-Verse characters that weren't in the movie like Lady Spider, Supaidaman, Kraven the Spider, and Spider-Punk.

Monster Hunter All-Stars, Dresden Files RPG starring Hellboy, Constantine, Venkman, Hermoine, and others

Nice.  I kind of want to see Meep on the Borderland or Cereal Killers.  I burst out laughing when I read the character sheets on the website.  Did you do the character sheets for the cereals?

6 minutes ago, mattingly said:

The character sheets for the cereal games are cereal boxes!

https://dmattingly.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/cereal-killer-boxes.pdf

The character sheets are complete (and hilarious) down to Sugar Bear. Are the rest villains with the details deliberately hidden?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary and I never heard of "Fruit Brute".....

So, I tend to spend all my time in the IGoD room when at Origins, but it would be cool to stop by and say hello. Where are these Champs games being held? How do I find locations? Origins website is a sh!t-show. 

Especially the Revelations game... I'll just be kicking around at that point, so would be cool to stop by.

Here's my game schedule.

Title: Urban Fantasy All-Stars
Desc: Hellboy, Ash, Buffy, Ghost Rider, John Constantine, Hermione Granger, and others join forces to defeat ultimate evil. 
System: Dresden Files RPG / FATE 
Players: 12 
When: W 2-6p

Title: Cereal Killers - Night of the Living Crunch 

Desc: The dead are rising, and want to eat your grains. America's favorite breakfast cereal icons star in this grim and gritty urban adventure. Role-playing and a sense of humor stressed. 
System: Champions 
Players: 9 
When: T 9-11a 

Title: Spideys on Infinite Earths 
Desc: Tickle your Spidey sense and thwip into the Spider-Verse to team up with Agent Venom, steampunk Lady Spider, Superior Spider-Man, Six-Arms, Spider-Woman, Spider-Monkey, Supaidaman, and other variations. 
System: Marvel Super Hero's (FASERIP) 
Players: 12 
When: F 9-11a 

Title: Meep on the Borderland 
Desc: What if all of your favorite fantasy movies were remade with Muppets? Arm your felt with broadswords, holy symbols, magic wands, and a ten-foot pole. One does not simply wokka wokka into Mordor. 
Players: 15 
When: S 9-11a

On 5/9/2019 at 10:42 PM, grandmastergm said:

I have sold out A Life Less Ordinary, Legacies, Temple of the 3 Valleys, and Juke Joint Jezebel.  Revelations 1001 still has 3 tickets left unsold.

Anyone on the forums going to play in my games?  Just curious.

D'OH!  Right at the top of the thread...

Hubby & I will be doing A Life Less Ordinary.

On 6/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, mattingly said:

Title: Meep on the Borderland 
Desc: What if all of your favorite fantasy movies were remade with Muppets? Arm your felt with broadswords, holy symbols, magic wands, and a ten-foot pole. One does not simply wokka wokka into Mordor. 
Players: 15 
When: S 9-11a

Many years ago, played in a "Plush vs Plastic" game at Origins... run in Hero. Was that you, running the game? This seems similar in tone.

1 hour ago, Cygnia said:

D'OH!  Right at the top of the thread...

Hubby & I will be doing A Life Less Ordinary.

1 hour ago, Cygnia said:

Anyone know who's running (if it's anyone here) the Anime HERO game on Wednesday from 2-6?  Trying to figure out how many d6s I need to pack...

That's me.  It depends on your character.  PM me and I can send you the characters if you'd like.

Do you know where the Rogue Cthulhu room is? And do we need to reserve a spot with you?

Monster Hunter All-Stars

Hellboy, Ghost Rider, “Evil Dead” Ash, Hermione Granger, and Selene (Underworld) faced off against Lo Pan, the Kurgen, Mothman, Mr. Tumnus, and the Scorpion King.

• Ash bisected Mr. Tumnus, after gauntlet-punching his flute down his gullet.
  • Hellboy punched out Mothman, who was eating his demonic brain.
  • Ghost Rider soul-gazed Lo Pan with a penance stare.
  • Hermione paralyzed the Scorpion King.
  • Selene used Kurgen’s own sword to cut off his head and steal his Quickening.

Lo Pan and Mothman managed to escape, but the rare magical books were protected.