The Case for Comeliness

If you're going to bring this stat back in some way--what are the "benchmarks"?  Does it follow the physical stats, with legendary "max" at 30?  Or the "mental" stats, with legendary max at 50?  

I assume the mechanical effects would be: Complimentary COM roll to some uses of Charm, Persuasion and Conversation; +1d6 per 10 COM over 10 to suitable PRE attacks(generally, noncombat!)

Which, of course, sounds a heck of a lot like SA...

39 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

If you're going to bring this stat back in some way--what are the "benchmarks"?  Does it follow the physical stats, with legendary "max" at 30?  Or the "mental" stats, with legendary max at 50?  

I assume the mechanical effects would be: Complimentary COM roll to some uses of Charm, Persuasion and Conversation; +1d6 per 10 COM over 10 to suitable PRE attacks(generally, noncombat!)

Which, of course, sounds a heck of a lot like SA...

Which is what I think people are missing on the bring back COM side. If Steve had named it Striking Appearance/Comeliness in 6th would we be having this debate?

On 5/31/2019 at 1:18 AM, Grailknight said:

Which is what I think people are missing on the bring back COM side. If Steve had named it Striking Appearance/Comeliness in 6th would we be having this debate?

20 hours ago, ghost-angel said:

Probably not.

I think, almost certainly. Even naming it Comeliness doesn't make it a Characteristic. The same people who have a problem with it now would have the same problem, it's just that instead of saying "Bring back COM!" they'd be saying "Make COMeliness a Characteristic again!"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary remembers....

I have completed the great unboxing phase of my move and have entered the re-organization phase. In so I have found a lot of 5e materials Indid not remember buying. It’s a wide ranging assortment of stuff  I gu SS at the time it was at the end or just after the end of my tabletop gaming, but was looking to pick up more illustration jobs. But it’s all very high quality and thick. I suppose, that if you were wanting a raft of support materials for running a Herosystem game rather than rolling your own, then 5th edition would be a good choice, no matter the genre.