The Punishers

grandmastergm

11 x 17 picture here

This super-team was created by my current Champions tabletop roleplaying group around 2008 or so.  It comprises Kabosh (a male demon who bonded with a good witch), Silverbolt (a speedster), Knightman (a power armored vigilante), Nemesis (a teleporting martial artist), the Black Enchantress (a sorceress), and Magic Marker (an artist who can reshape reality).  Kabosh and the Black Enchantress were originally villains that were turned to the heroic side by the Li family (a family of metahumans that ran an academy for heroes), while Knightman, Nemesis, and Magic Marker were all students at the academy.  Upon graduation, the heroes traveled to New York City and made their home base in Freeport (a fictional district of the city).  The campaign has been running for over a decade, although not consistently.  The heroes formed a super-team called The Punishers, owing to their harsher and more violent response to mystical, alien, mutant, and technological threats than four-color heroes (Knightman very much behaves more like the Punisher and Batman).

Silverbolt joined the team in 2015. She is my character, and was created for another group in 2013 that disbanded a year later.  Still, I had a fondness for that character so I brought her into the Punishers.  She's probably the most well-adjusted, least violent, and nicest member of the team besides Kabosh's host (who is now a federal agent).  Nemesis' player sadly passed away in January 2018, and I commissioned this piece to honor the history of the gaming group and to provide a permanent memory of all the characters.

This team portrait was drawn, colored, and rendered by the multi-talented and amazing John Becaro.  

3 hours ago, cptpatriot said:

I thought that picture looked familiar.

Do you have a deviantart account?

54 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I saw this the other day on Deviantart. Congrats it is very good

Thank you.  Let John Becaro know- us players just gave him instructions, pictures, and recommendations.