Killer Shrike

As far as I know, me, @Scything, @WilyQuixote, @Durzan Malakim will definitely be there. I have not heard from @King Red.

@L0rd_Magg0t was diligent about getting me characters to consider, but I only just was able to make time to do my part of it (real life has been unkind to me the past couple of weeks); hopefully he likes the counter proposal and shows up to play.

1 hour ago, Durzan Malakim said:

Thanks to @Scything for being nigh indestructible so we get to fight more vampires rather than roll up new characters. We have our very own Tick defending the City. Does that make me Arthur?

Thank You, I'm glad my character stepped up yesterday. Murgatroyd was also very helpful with his distraction and UV light beam.

Here's the latest version I have for Murgatroyd with the spells he's cast. Feel free to review and update as needed. I know my version of Arcane Armaments differs from your as I built it as an Aid. I'm not sure how you built the original version of 2 DCs. Was it a ranged martial maneuver usable by others?

Murgatroyd_159_ks.hdc

4 hours ago, Durzan Malakim said:

Here's the latest version I have for Murgatroyd with the spells he's cast. Feel free to review and update as needed. I know my version of Arcane Armaments differs from your as I built it as an Aid. I'm not sure how you built the original version of 2 DCs. Was it a ranged martial maneuver usable by others?

Murgatroyd_159_ks.hdc 360.96 kB · 1 download

I'll take a look at it in a bit. As a side note...when you tweak your characters' hdc's and send it back, could you change the suffix from _ks (killershrike) to _d or _durzan or _malakim or whatever...that allows me to differentiate your file(s) from my file(s).

Same for other players...put a suffix that identifies yourself...like _steve, _lm or _maggot or whatever, _kr or _king, etc.

It helps me keep things organized. I need all the help I can get in that realm :)

Also, attached is a prefab for Murgy's spells...lets use that for your "spell book" as it is a lot easier to manage the spells in HD that way...just load prefab and go.

I keep all the files in github for my own use, but to give you an idea of how it all fits together.

image.thumb.png.dc2088842b468d97221a7bd128770618.png

http://www.killershrike.com/HereThereBeMonsters/Characters/durzan/Murgatroyd/159/

MurgatroydsSpells_ks.hdp

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great session Saturday; will detail it as time permits in the Trick of the Night thread...but I wanted to capture the XP b4 I forget.

Joey got 0 XP as Scything was playing a tennis tournament (and went on to win 1st place singles, so good job), Steve got 5 XP to apply to Baretta for his combined efforts playing Baretta and piloting Joey in Scything's absence, Killroy got 3 XP, everyone else got 4 XP.

Murgatroyd got MVP which is the second win for him. 

Drew rolled a nat '3' on a sight PER check and chose to take a +1 to Sight PER 2 pt level instead of max effect. 

If I forgot something relevant, update me.

Given the team is in the middle of fighting off an assault, no XP spends between this and next session. Sit on that XP a bit. After you guys get clear of the current danger, I want to have a team discussion, and lay the ground for Arc 4. I expect that Arc 4 will take us into late September / October. I'm currently thinking the PC's will be in the 190-200 point range going into Arc  4,  but that's still a bit soft. 

Currently, Murgatroyd and Killroy have strong character developing threads that will actively drive Arc 4...which will have an arcane / secret societies / eldritch theme. I may be able to work in some of Joey's back story, but that's a stretch goal for me and not 100% essential so long as the character continues to grow into his projected curve; Arc 5 will have a nordic theme and Joey's story will play out heavily therein; given Joey and Drew are a duo I'll be working Drew stuff into Arc 5 as well. Depending on where that ends up and other factors, WilyQ may put Drew aside somewhere in Arc 5 and switch over to his original character Miles Hendricks...that's just a maybe but its out there as a possibility.

For the rest of the characters, for those of you who have some character development bits you want to specifically work into the next arc, such as any big XP spends to anchor into emergent game play or character arc defining elements, now is the time to start talking about it. For players that want to switch characters going into the next arc, now is also the time to be deciding that and putting forth character concepts. In either case you can ping me via personal message using the board's capability for that and start a convo. 

I want to make sure Baretta gets some focus time; but we don't have to "force it". It's up to you Steve where you want to grow her personality wise. Similarly, vampires are just kind of the monster of the week for this arc, but if Jack stays with the group, then obviously dealing with vampires on an ongoing basis is going to be a thing...you guys have made a powerful enemy. It definitely can play thru into Arc 4 furthering the theme of secret societies. As Baretta has a sub-theme of hating vamps due to one of her pre-hunter final girl situations having Jack and Baretta continue to carry the torch of vampire hate into Arc 4 makes sense and will work fine. 

Looking forward to seeing some chatter. I hope you guys are having as much fun playing in the campaign as I'm having running it! 

So, bad news, my biz trip to Toronto got extended; I'm leaving a day early and coming back a day later. So, I'm flying out Saturday 7/13 (the day we would be gaming). I'm pretty bummed about it, but can't be avoided.

Hopefully you guys can coordinate some other gaming related activity. See ya'll when I get back.