Killer Shrike

• 2 weeks later...

Scything and I unexpectedly can't be there tomorrow; my daughter came home from school today not feeling well and just started puking all over the place. It may or may not be contagious, but no reason to risk it. 

Sorry for the late notice, I was psyched to wrap up the arc, but that's how it goes when you are a parent. :(

I’m fine with meeting at Durzan’s or Killer Shrike’s House in a couple of weeks, if they’re still willing to host then.

That said, my wife’s worries about this virus continue to grow, so I might have to bow out of the game for a few months to keep her happy, even if it’s held at someone’s house. I’ll let you know in a few weeks if it’s getting that way.

KS, I hope your daughter is better soon. I’ve been through that experience with my own little girl a few times. Each time is always worrisome for a parent.

So, given the givens of the current state of reality, I think it is probably best to postpone face to face sessions until things have returned to normal. If social distancing becomes the new normal for more than a couple weeks I'll look into getting an online virtual table top type of solution going. 

In  the meantime, I've been chipping away at adding more meat to the Cortex Plus Heroic port. I did more character writeups , more Ability Trait writeups, and filled in the details on how dice pools are formed, how plot points work, and so on. In days to come I'll be porting over setting content, vignettes, npcs / monsters, and so forth. It might be of interest to some of you, and of course feedback is welcome.  

Obviously, I hope all of you & your families are well. Stay healthy and safe!

I'm looking into online gaming alternatives for my D&D game. I've used Fantasy Grounds for D&D, but I don't know how well it will support Hero or Cortex Plus. It may be easier to do the game mechanics portion through talking like we do in a face-to-face game. We certainly all have dice and can roll them and declare our results. We can save video for maps and our lovely faces. This assumes of course everyone has access to the necessary hardware: computer with camera and software. We can always go on hiatus if need be.