Killer Shrike

Ok, I'm planning to run the session at 5pm tomorrow 11/16 @ At Ease Games. I'm going to do a push on the main encounter until Murgy is present, so instead we are going to focus on A) Jack & Drew's daring duo escape, B ) Killroy's mysterious Big Solo Adventure, and C) I still have 33 hours to figure out something fun for Beretta and Joey back in Quantico and a plausible reason for Murgy to be unavailable. 

Given that the party managed to get split 3 ways, I'll be handing out some NPC sheets to players to play for certain scenes to keep you engaged...for instance during Jack & Drew's escape, the rest of you will have some bad guys to play to complicate their escape, etc. 

The goal is simple: even though this will technically be a filler episode due to real life scheduling conflicts, we are going to endeavor to make it so packed with interesting character focusing bits and hijinks that it does not feel like a filler episode. 

1 hour ago, Killer Shrike said:

Ok, I'm planning to run the session at 5pm tomorrow 11/16 @ At Ease Games. I'm going to do a push on the main encounter until Murgy is present, so instead we are going to focus on A) Jack & Drew's daring duo escape, B ) Killroy's mysterious Big Solo Adventure, and C) I still have 33 hours to figure out something fun for Beretta and Joey back in Quantico and a plausible reason for Murgy to be unavailable. 

Given that the party managed to get split 3 ways, I'll be handing out some NPC sheets to players to play for certain scenes to keep you engaged...for instance during Jack & Drew's escape, the rest of you will have some bad guys to play to complicate their escape, etc. 

The goal is simple: even though this will technically be a filler episode due to real life scheduling conflicts, we are going to endeavor to make it so packed with interesting character focusing bits and hijinks that it does not feel like a filler episode. 

I'm okay with running NPCs if there's not really anything for Beretta to do other than recover in a hospital bed, since I get experience even if I'm not playing my main character.

I'll do my best to hinder Jack & Drew with shooting skills worthy of a graduate of the illustrious Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy. ;) 

Was the brutal death at least cinematic? Did we just have our Agent Coulson dies in the Avengers moment? Did Kilroy "permanently retire" so @King Red could bring in his next character? I'm looking forward to reading the game summary. Well, I suppose technically you didn't have a TPK without me, but you did have a K. If it *was* Kilroy you had a TKK - a Total Kilroy Kill.

8 hours ago, Durzan Malakim said:

Was the brutal death at least cinematic? Did we just have our Agent Coulson dies in the Avengers moment? Did Kilroy "permanently retire" so @King Red could bring in his next character? I'm looking forward to reading the game summary. Well, I suppose technically you didn't have a TPK without me, but you did have a K. If it *was* Kilroy you had a TKK - a Total Kilroy Kill.

No, it was rather desultory and ignominious. Drew burned through all of his extreme luck keeping Jack (who started the session with only 3 BODY remaining) alive, and without any remaining to modify the bad guys rolls he got hit and staggered. Without his Combat Luck to save him Drew was then easily ripped apart before he could recover by the trio of tentacled nascent shoggoths played by Steve, Scything, and King Red. Looks like Unconventional Solutions needs a new ops chief.

In death, members of Unconventional Solutions have a name...his name was Drew "Reckless seems like a sensible Complication to me" Altman.

image.png.d31faf9fafd558938ac0a10ba9cbb4e5.png

Later in the evening Killroy had a classic Jason Bourne / Jack Bauer-esque solo adventure, successfully (and rather easily) reclaiming from a drug gang's crack house a mystery loot box of unmentionables stolen from the Societatis ex Monstrum Interfectorum. He even resisted to urge to look in the box, which he had been forbidden from doing by his handler. Having established his trustworthiness and reliability, Killroy has been accepted as a member of the Societatis...secretly of course. Killroy never even pulled a gun; he roughed up and intimidated his way through the gang members. It was pretty epic.

Is it possible that Drew's death would remind Murgatroyd of something he's forgotten?

My friend Enki lays dead [...] For though my heart has been emptied by the felling of my battle brother, mine enemies, the enemies of all my kind, are without mercy, without respect for anguish. Particularly the greatest enemy of all...Time...and the handmaiden thereof...Death. [...] I must defeat Death. That which has claimed great Enki and left him reduced to this flyblown corpse must not claim me. I will become immortal.

FYI: I'm determining my December schedule. I'll likely be able to make a game on December 14, but there's a chance I'll be taking a road trip. I'll firm up my plans and let you know as soon as I can.

Something has come up for me on December 14th, so I can only play for part of the evening.

Since we were talking about starting a little early, I could play from 3-6pm then would have to go for a while. If we could start any earlier than 3pm, that would be fine with me.

I might be able to come back again after 8 or 9 for the evening's finale.

"Later in the evening Killroy had a classic Jason Bourne / Jack Bauer-esque solo adventure, successfully (and rather easily) reclaiming from a drug gang's crack house a mystery loot box of unmentionables stolen from the Societatis ex Monstrum Interfectorum. He even resisted to urge to look in the box, which he had been forbidden from doing by his handler. Having established his trustworthiness and reliability, Killroy has been accepted as a member of the Societatis...secretly of course. Killroy never even pulled a gun; he roughed up and intimidated his way through the gang members. It was pretty epic."

I agree. Strategically, it would have been wiser to knock out the sleeping gangsters one at a time. However, Killroy walked into the crack house without fear. He was willing to go in, pick up that Amazon box those foolish thugs had pilfered, then go home without incident. Then several idiots decided to damage his suit with their pistols and shotguns,  so they forced him to get busy. I wished I said that Saturday night, "Though I walk through the valley of the shades of death, I will fear no evil."

I can arrive early 3 pm @ At Ease Games in December.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WilyQ said:

Had only Murgatroyd been there Drew might have survived. 😉

Of this I'm certain. Gilgamesh has once again lost his Enki to the forces of darkness. Rest well warrior. I'm sure the Elder Things would never animate your corpse and have it shamble over to say farewell to Murgatroyd.

• 2 weeks later...