Military units in San Angelo

goldrushg

One of the things I've been doing of late is updating some of the military material for San Angelo: City of Heroes Vol. 2. Specifically, the military units at Forgan AFB. Here are the unit patches we created. It's not every unit, but we did logos for the 967th Airlift Wing, the main Groups, and a few of the squadrons that characters would be most likely to interact with in-game. Enjoy.

USAF Unit Patches.jpg

I'm assuming that like the police, the military has specially designed and trained especially to hinder and kill the opponent's supers, and to protect the supers from our side from similar groups of soldiers from the other side. What would this group be referred to?

On 5/25/2019 at 2:38 AM, steriaca said:

I'm assuming that like the police, the military has specially designed and trained especially to hinder and kill the opponent's supers, and to protect the supers from our side from similar groups of soldiers from the other side. What would this group be referred to?

Oooh. I'm going to sidetrack now. Please forgive me.

In my (mostly theoretical) Golden Age setting, the Australian military had "X Special Unit". It was based on the Real World(tm) Z Special Unit.

One of it's particular duties was to counter Japanese Ninja units. In doing so, it developed the set of techniques that would, after the war, become known as "Australian Ninjitsu".

I'll leave it to eager Seekers to discover the details of that discipline.

After the war, some of the veterans of that unit settled down in an area of south western Queensland called Coothalla.

(In reality, Coothalla is a railway siding and a rudimentary platform. My grandfather was in charge of the railway gang that built it. During WW2, his railway job was a "reserved occupation". He tried to enlist in 1939, but was refused.)

The name Coothalla supposedly means "Eaglehawk" in a local indigenous language.

I've got nothing. There's nothing Champions relevant here.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:05 PM, Spence said:

When you take a look at the Navy I'll be glad to help. 

I don't think we're going to be writing up any Navy units for San Angelo, unless you count the Coast Guard Air Station (or recruiters). But thank you.

Maybe for an Angel Beach supplement down the road.

On 5/23/2019 at 10:59 PM, Scott Ruggels said:

Now this is exam the sort of thing I was wondering about. Now just need the ground pounders represented  

I just finished writing up the Army National Guard Units. I'd be happy to send them to you to look over.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:38 AM, steriaca said:

We don't have a specific military unit with that mission. Nothing like P.A.R.T. at this point, at least not publicly known...

Are you thinking along the lines of a group of military folks in Cavalier armor?

3 hours ago, goldrushg said:

We don't have a specific military unit with that mission. Nothing like P.A.R.T. at this point, at least not publicly known...

Are you thinking along the lines of a group of military folks in Cavalier armor?

Not intentionally, othoe I'm not excluding Cavalier armor.

Never discount a skilled normal with the right training and right equipment. Like a gun full of "brickbuster" bullets. Or the martial artist with the right combo of techniques and a light weapon.