Time Limit - Extra Phase

Steve

I am building the following ability in version 20190428

Darkness to Hearing Group 1m radius, Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (5 Active Points); Time Limit (Extra Phase; -3)

When I initially add Time Limit, it brings up the edit window and shows Extra Phase. Then if I save it with Time Limit, go out and go back into the power again, the dropdown menu for Time Limit defaults to a minimum of 1 Turn. The Extra Phase option is only available if I choose to edit Time Limit, not via the dropdown menu. I don't recall that being an issue before.

It depends on the order in which you assign the Modifiers.  Extra Phase is only valid if the Power is Persistent, until then, the lowest valid value is 1 Turn. Not too much different from Time Limit only becoming available after Reduced Endurance is assigned.

If you assign Time Limit before assigning Persistent, then you'll see 1 Turn as the first option in the drop down.  If you then assign Persistent and go back in to edit Time Limit, you'll find that Extra Phase is available.

Alternately, if you assign Persistent before assigning Time Limit, Extra Phase will be available from the start.

Yes, I built the power by first taking Reduced END and Persistent before taking Time Limit. When I first add Time Limit to the power, the edit window for that Advantage pops up.

However, if I later go into the power build and do any other modifications to it, Time Limit defaults to 1 Turn instead of remaining at the previously selected Extra Phase. The dropdown doesn't show Extra Phase at all. If I go in and edit the Advantage, then Extra Phase is available. It's an extra step I have to do each time I modify the power, even if I'm not altering Persistent, Reduced END or Time Limit. Otherwise it will modify Time Limit on its own to be 1 Turn instead of leaving it alone.

Well that was fun....

Turned out to be an issue with Time Limit's shifting set of options (in particular, Extra Phase only being available when it's a Limitation)....so, yeah.

Current update should resolve the issue.