Fantasy Hero Complete and 6E differences?

dekrass

From what I've read Fantasy Hero Complete is pared down rules from the core 6E1 and 6E2 with some fantasy stuff added. I believe it's also been said that there were some rules actually changed from the core. What are the differences between the two? If you have 6E1, 6E2, and the older 6E Fantasy Hero supplement do you have everything that's in FHC?

FHC is intended for people who do not have 6E1, 6E2 and older 6E Fantasy Hero books.

The rules are the same but are focused on running a Fantasy Hero game.

6E1 & 6E2 is a toolbox that lets you build any kind of RPG genre game you would like.

FHC is a toolbox and a specific build kit for building any kind of Fantasy RPG game you want.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:32 AM, dekrass said:

If you have 6E1, 6E2, and the older 6E Fantasy Hero supplement do you have everything that's in FHC?

Yes. And then some.

FHC pares down the rules a lot, tailors them slightly towards the Fantasy Genre, and adds info for creating a Fantasy Hero Campaign.

The rules portion of Fantasy Hero Complete and Champions Complete are essentially the same.  The document "Champions Complete Converting Characters" in the HERO System 6th Edition Documents downloads section gives a short rundown of the major changes.

https://www.herogames.com/files/file/153-champions-complete-converting-characters/

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Fantasy Hero Complete is smaller and has a lot fewer examples and campaign info.  Its good enough for play, but if you really want to have all the tools, FH is the way to go.

I actually love all of the examples in FH.  I have yet to see any book for any FRPG that does such an excellent job of laying out all of the types of fantasy campaigns.  Not that I won't probably buy FHC as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

The only thing I can think of is that they wisely jettisoned the "types of minds" bit for mental powers.

I don't want to deviate too much from the original poster's question but i am really curious.  If you don't use Class of Minds, do you let Telepaths use their powers on anything that would normally require a specific class of minds--robots for example?

If you don't use Class of Minds, do you let Telepaths use their powers on anything that would normally require a specific class of minds--robots for example?

Of course.  As long as it has a mind of any sort to connect with, you can connect with it.  Unless you buy a limitation that states otherwise.  You know, like Spock using mind meld on blobs of molten rock, computers, people, etc.

7 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Of course.  As long as it has a mind of any sort to connect with, you can connect with it.  Unless you buy a limitation that states otherwise.  You know, like Spock using mind meld on blobs of molten rock, computers, people, etc.

I see.  Thanks for the reply.