Super Hero Masks

JmOz

2 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Flash defense - Sight, sometimes Hearing.  Often some minor enhanced vision, like IR or Nightvision. 

All those and since it’s a relatively small mask, and an alien bio-suit for an origin, I threw in some disguise based on HMO to keep persnickety GM’s from pulling any Secret ID plot lines on me.

18 minutes ago, Tjack said:

All those and since it’s a relatively small mask, and an alien bio-suit for an origin, I threw in some disguise based on HMO to keep persnickety GM’s from pulling any Secret ID plot lines on me.

HMO?

And if you have a Secret Identity in my games you can expect it to come up once in a while. Otherwise it would be worth no points.

- E

Flash Defense is usually my go to mask power if I have anything built in.

I have seen a few builds meant to throw off facial recognition programs, the blurring effect but that was in a campaign where the usual default 'hey masks just work, suspend your disbelief' was not in play.

Covers eyes?  Flash defense, often telescopic, occasionally microscopic.  If character is weapons-oriented (guns and whatnot), maybe a couple of skill levels via a targeting system of some sort.  Sometimes recording devices for gathering Intel or reviewing something for further clues. 

Covers face?  Add on some life support against poison gasses and the like.  Face-covering helmet?  Flash defense against hearing, radio communication. Voice scrambler not uncommon, and megaphone in about half the helmets. 

Obviously there are many one-offs that go in different directions, etc, but these are the most common, mixed differently from character to character. 

Duke 

15 hours ago, eepjr24 said:

HMO?

And if you have a Secret Identity in my games you can expect it to come up once in a while. Otherwise it would be worth no points.

- E

Hero mode only.    If you don’t have the mask on,  it’s not really disguising anything.

At the time I was dealing with a GM who floated inconsistently (in my opinion) between the levels of superhero tropes and cold reality.  Pick either one, just let the player know what they’re working with.

He’d see a players costume design and if it had a domino style mask (Robin, Green Lantern, Lone Ranger) and hit you with facial recognition software so the Govt. had your ID in their back pocket.

Without letting you know that such things were commonplace.

Even the Green Lantern movie lampshaded that idea that with the “perception filter”.