A how could I do this? post

Mr. R

For a change of pace on my Conversion thread, I thought I would make a few original characters.  And my first idea is the following:  StarMaster and his StarFollowers are trying to take over much of the organized crime in the city.  The problem is that they don't seem to have any base of operations.  They show up, commit their operations and then seem to disappear.  

What is happening is StarMaster can open up a portal to a pocket dimension where he an the rest can lay up between jobs.  In addition the StarFollowers can enter there on their own (  a reason none have been captured).  

So how do I model this?

Just as an FYI

StarMaster:  Power Energy Blaster similar to Sunburst in concept (but without the over the top EB)

StarLight and StarBright:  Sisters with abilities similar to the boss but slightly weaker

DwarfStar:  three feet tall and incredibly strong (team Brick)

StarSpeed:  Team Speedster

StarScream:  Sound Blaster

StarMaster will be bought at about 450 points, the rest at 300 points.

Thanks for the help!

With the New Gods, I did it with a Base (on an alternate Earth, thanks to a deal they cut with the Empress of a Billion Dimensions), which had some staff working there plus the ability to open Extra-Dimensional Movement gates to allow people and vehicles to come and go.  I'd think StarMaster could open a portal himself wherever he may be (if he has a Multipower, I'd throw it in there).  Each team member threw in 5-10 points, and since there were a fair number of New Gods (12-13 IIRC), those added up fast.

You could give each minor member of the StarFollowers their own X-Dim Movement (not a gate), on a focus with only 1 Charge a day, which should make it fairly cheap.  Maybe give it 2x Mass so they can carry downed teammates along.  Something like...

Extra-Dimensional Movement (StarPocket - single dimension, single location), 2x Mass, OIF (-1/2), 1 Charge (-2), Full Phase (-1/2).  25 AP, 6 RP.

I'd make it a Universal Focus, but not one that can be easily replicated by others.  So the heroes might capture, say, StarScream and get their hands on his Escape Belt, but that only means 2 heroes can get to the StarPocket - with no known way home.

1 hour ago, BoloOfEarth said:

With the New Gods, I did it with a Base (on an alternate Earth, thanks to a deal they cut with the Empress of a Billion Dimensions), which had some staff working there plus the ability to open Extra-Dimensional Movement gates to allow people and vehicles to come and go.  I'd think StarMaster could open a portal himself wherever he may be (if he has a Multipower, I'd throw it in there).  Each team member threw in 5-10 points, and since there were a fair number of New Gods (12-13 IIRC), those added up fast.

You could give each minor member of the StarFollowers their own X-Dim Movement (not a gate), on a focus with only 1 Charge a day, which should make it fairly cheap.  Maybe give it 2x Mass so they can carry downed teammates along.  Something like...

Extra-Dimensional Movement (StarPocket - single dimension, single location), 2x Mass, OIF (-1/2), 1 Charge (-2), Full Phase (-1/2).  25 AP, 6 RP.

I'd make it a Universal Focus, but not one that can be easily replicated by others.  So the heroes might capture, say, StarScream and get their hands on his Escape Belt, but that only means 2 heroes can get to the StarPocket - with no known way home.

A) That sounds Cool

B)  that sounds like something I read about the old Atlas Unleashed module when describing how a hero grabbed the T-Port belt of the villain and found himself in the villain base with a bunch of blasters pointed at him!