Champions UK

grandmastergm

Actually, I'm American but did get all the references :)  I have no story need for schools of wizardry, but the captain of the largest spacecraft launched off of Earth by the time of "Kingdom of Champions" is infamous in-universe for something she did in back in 1995.

"

3 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Anyways, got a nice Master epoxy?

Not yet. Looks like I might have tonight's project on Hero Designer, though :D

• 2 weeks later...

The London Watch, the UK's private super-team headquartered in London.

Blazon, a professor with a suit of mystic armor

Lionheart, a genius gadgeteer/martial artist

Repulse, an accountant with telekeinesis

Swift Swallow, a cop with a mystic amulet and mask that give her sonic powers, flight, and enhanced senses

Veil, a secretary and translator with empathy-based mental powers and mental illusions

Blazon.hdc Blazon's Horse.hdc Lionheart.hdc Repulse.hdc Swift Swallow.hdc Veil.hdc Yeoman.hdc

On 8/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, grandmastergm said:

The London Watch, the UK's private super-team headquartered in London.

Blazon, a professor with a suit of mystic armor

Lionheart, a genius gadgeteer/martial artist

Repulse, an accountant with telekeinesis

Swift Swallow, a cop with a mystic amulet and mask that give her sonic powers, flight, and enhanced senses

Veil, a secretary and translator with empathy-based mental powers and mental illusions

Blazon.hdc 105.59 kB · 1 download Blazon's Horse.hdc 47.73 kB · 1 download Lionheart.hdc 122.49 kB · 1 download Repulse.hdc 69.78 kB · 1 download Swift Swallow.hdc 87.55 kB · 1 download Veil.hdc 90.19 kB · 1 download Yeoman.hdc 103.44 kB · 1 download

I am ashamed, I said I would do these and was only halfway through.  Kudos to GMGM for his dedication.

18 hours ago, Doc Democracy said:

I am ashamed, I said I would do these and was only halfway through.  Kudos to GMGM for his dedication.

it's all right mate.  Trying to figure out a new roster for the New Knights of the Round Table.  The roster from 4th edition is just a bit dated.

So far, I have: 

Lady Britannia- brick

Imperial Lion- Martial Artist/Weaponmaster

Tick Tock- time-based speedster

Need 3 more

Well, one of my players plays Colonel Mustard, a dashing aristocratic speedster with an array of grenades and explosives. He is not the leader of his "home" group and he is loosely associated with several groups and seems to turn up when something looks fun.

He is primarily associated with ‘The Convocation’ a group based around the estate of rich and eccentric Lord Lyon.

The Gryphon (HtH Damage Dealer) – Daughter to Lord Lyon. Leader of the group. Flying, Speed defence. High damage.

Lord Lyon (Mad Scientist) – Not wholly with it, but creates an array of fantastical devices. Father to the Gryphon. Occultish visions that help guide the team. Doesn’t really have an alter-ego. Very reclusive though so not really needed. Rarely leaves his grounds.

The Missionary (Tank) – Clergyman tough nut. Defensive tank with some mystical powers.

If you wanted I would build these for you?

Doc

When the Britons think of Comic Book Superheroes, who actually comes to mind? Mind you, we have to remove tons of American superheroes, but I think this might be the list.

1) Marvelman/Miricalman.

2) Dan Dare, Pilot Of The Future.

3) Judge Dread

4) Nightraven ("Deaf, dumb, and blind. Don't pass me by.")

Well, thoes are the three which pop up in my mind. A great challenge, can you make a serial numbers filed off copy of them?

I don’t think you can “remove” American superheroes because they are indeed the staple of the genre here (and in the rest of the world).  Superheroes are American.

what you are asking is whether we identify with superheroes published as British.  Judge Dredd is American (though written by Brits...in a British style).  Our comics were more focussed on war stories than superheroes.

However, I think Alan Moore’s Captain Britain was more British than any of those four.  Warren Ellis’ Planetary series has a very British feel.  

I really struggle beyond that...unless you go into the whole League of Extraordinary Gentleman route.

The first heroes we did had no patriotic theme at all until we did a campaign reboot.

The Flame First leader and the person who named the team. Energy projector.

The Ranger Basically a D+D ranger with a 4d6 HKA sword

Arachneida Basically Spiderwoman.

Mindstorm A mentalist

Boa Flying snake like brick. Created by COBRA

The Voidwalker Energy projecting alien. The Thor of the group

Wolfclaw. A bad Wolverine rip off.

The Magician A wizard but just an excuse to have a gadgeteer and have any powers we wanted

Justice Machine Energy projector a bit like cyclops but 4d6 EKA

Energiser Energy projector with a large forcefield

The Unicorn Alien brick who looks like a human unicorn

Thaw Cold projecting man who was the funder of the group

The Avenger Based on Captain America. 'He was just a normal man

Sureshot Basically Hawkeye'.

Nightraven Think of the Vulture with martial arts.

Magnetic Mistress Magneto in a skirt

Ace Martial artist ward of MM

Charm Magic powers ward of MM

Sunshine based on the New Mutants Sunspot. Ward of MM

The Demoness Ward of the Magician. An excuse to have a magic VPP

Darklight/Electralite Energy projector based off the Phantom Lady costume

The Shining Knight Based off the DC comic book character

Dreadnought Namor the sub-mariner

Crimebuster Think Daredevil

Moonlight Shadow Ex-foe of the Avenger, now a good guy. Worked for COBRA

The Iron Lady Intensely strong brick

Spirit Intensely strong mentalist

A number of these I had Storn do pics of

The second team had British Bulldog, The Ray, Rags and Angel and were much lower powered.

7 hours ago, Doc Democracy said:

I don’t think you can “remove” American superheroes because they are indeed the staple of the genre here (and in the rest of the world).  Superheroes are American.

what you are asking is whether we identify with superheroes published as British.  Judge Dredd is American (though written by Brits...in a British style).  Our comics were more focussed on war stories than superheroes.

However, I think Alan Moore’s Captain Britain was more British than any of those four.  Warren Ellis’ Planetary series has a very British feel.  

I really struggle beyond that...unless you go into the whole League of Extraordinary Gentleman route.

I definitely like:

So here is what I have so far:

Lady Britannia- female brick

Imperial Lion- male martial artist/weaponmaster (adapted from 4e, but a native-born sikh rather than an immigrant)

Tick Tock- robot time controller (from Euroguard in 5e)

Cyberknight- male gadgeeter/power armor

Sea Nymph- half-atlantean with flash and mental attacks (based off of Sea Change)

British Bulldog- animal hybrid (based off of the Mole)

I could use 2 more characters, so feel free to think of what would fill out the team.  I figure that there should be a Brexit divide on the team, with Cyberknight and Bulldog in favor and Tick Tock and another one opposed- the rest trying to keep the team together.  Most are English, so perhaps a Scot and Welsh would work.  I'm thinking Sea Nymph would be from Northern Ireland as Sea Change has an Irish name.  I'd like to avoid mystic heroes given the mention in Champions Universe of a separate group focused on it (Drune, Shade, etc.).

Death Tribble,

Do you have of those British superhero pictures?

5 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

So here is what I have so far:

Lady Britannia- female brick

Imperial Lion- male martial artist/weaponmaster (adapted from 4e, but a native-born sikh rather than an immigrant)

Tick Tock- robot time controller (from Euroguard in 5e)

Cyberknight- male gadgeeter/power armor

Sea Nymph- half-atlantean with flash and mental attacks (based off of Sea Change)

British Bulldog- animal hybrid (based off of the Mole)I

Hmm.  I am thinking what I would have done namewise for these characters because some of them sound slightly “off”.

I don’t think we would call a character British Bulldog, it is a kids game here and using British in Britain sounds odd, like saying American Superman.  I would go with Bulldog or The Bulldog (I prefer the former even if it is a character out of Frasier...).

I am surprised you have a time based character that does not mention either Big Ben or Greenwich, I might be tempted to call him Meridien.

If you need a Scottish representation the I think you could make Sea Nymph half Scottish and call her Selkie.

2 hours ago, Doc Democracy said:

I don’t think we would call a character British Bulldog, it is a kids game here and using British in Britain sounds odd, like saying American Superman.  I would go with Bulldog or The Bulldog (I prefer the former even if it is a character out of Frasier...).

Actually, Americans seem to love naming superheroes "American." Captain America. Miss America. American Eagle. American Dream. American Flagg. Justice League of America. Justice Society of America.

If it's obviously American, it obviously must be better. :winkgrin:

5 hours ago, Doc Democracy said:

Hmm.  I am thinking what I would have done namewise for these characters because some of them sound slightly “off”.

I am surprised you have a time based character that does not mention either Big Ben or Greenwich, I might be tempted to call him Meridien.

If you need a Scottish representation the I think you could make Sea Nymph half Scottish and call her Selkie.

I found Storn's picture of British bulldog.  I also found the picture that I used for Lady Britain, unless there is another name for her Death Tribble?

How about Little Ben for Tick Tock?

I can change Sea Nymph to Selkie, that'll work.

Lady Britannia- female brick, Greater Manchester

Imperial Lion- male martial artist/weaponmaster (adapted from 4e, but a native-born sikh rather than an immigrant), Midlands

Tick Tock- robot time controller (from Euroguard in 5e), Greater London

Cyberknight- male gadgeeter/power armor, East Anglia

Selkie- half-atlantean with flash and mental attacks (based off of Sea Change), Scotland

British Bulldog- animal hybrid (based off of the Mole), Yorkshire

BritishBulldog72.jpg

Lady Britain.jpg

5 hours ago, death tribble said:

That is Britannia. And that is a Storn Cook picture from 2004. One of the first I ever commissioned.

Based off the model Vanessa Upton. She saw it and signed it as well.

Cool.  Do you want to keep her as a brick?  Or should I make British Bulldog the group's brick (he's presently something of a martial brick)?

What role or powers should she have?

On 8/4/2019 at 11:41 AM, Doc Democracy said:

Well, one of my players plays Colonel Mustard, a dashing aristocratic speedster with an array of grenades and explosives. He is not the leader of his "home" group and he is loosely associated with several groups and seems to turn up when something looks fun.

He is primarily associated with ‘The Convocation’ a group based around the estate of rich and eccentric Lord Lyon.

The Gryphon (HtH Damage Dealer) – Daughter to Lord Lyon. Leader of the group. Flying, Speed defence. High damage.

Lord Lyon (Mad Scientist) – Not wholly with it, but creates an array of fantastical devices. Father to the Gryphon. Occultish visions that help guide the team. Doesn’t really have an alter-ego. Very reclusive though so not really needed. Rarely leaves his grounds.

The Missionary (Tank) – Clergyman tough nut. Defensive tank with some mystical powers.

If you wanted I would build these for you?

Doc

I like Lord Lyon as a New Knights of the Round Table organization benefactor.  

I never had Britannia in the same team as British Bulldog.

The Bulldog had strength around 40-45 with boxing as a martial art. He was built for lower power so had Speed 4 Dex around 18 could not see colour (because dog) and panted like a dog.

Britannia was Str 70 and speed 6. She also had a gift which only activated while she was unconscious. If someone tried to say kill her off camera the attack would bounce and she would get an instant adrenaline surge restoring stun and end. This was against those malignant idiots who think they can kill a character who is unconscious and who they believe cannot activate powers. Britannia was also a chosen hero. The myths say you are the new British Lion or John Bull, you get the idea. 

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

I never had Britannia in the same team as British Bulldog.

The Bulldog had strength around 40-45 with boxing as a martial art. He was built for lower power so had Speed 4 Dex around 18 could not see colour (because dog) and panted like a dog.

Britannia was Str 70 and speed 6. She also had a gift which only activated while she was unconscious. If someone tried to say kill her off camera the attack would bounce and she would get an instant adrenaline surge restoring stun and end. This was against those malignant idiots who think they can kill a character who is unconscious and who they believe cannot activate powers. Britannia was also a chosen hero. The myths say you are the new British Lion or John Bull, you get the idea. 

All right, well British Bulldog could be with the London Watch as they're supposed to be lower-powered.  What was his background?  I assume he is one of Dr. Moreau's creations.

So this could be the roster of the London Watch:

Blazon, a professor with a suit of mystic armor

British Bulldog, an animal hybrid/martial brick

Repulse, an accountant with telekeinesis

Swift Swallow, a cop with a mystic amulet and mask that give her sonic powers, flight, and enhanced senses

Veil, a secretary and translator with empathy-based mental powers and mental illusions

Yeoman, a former intelligence agent turned vigilante archer

What about The New Knights of the Round Table?

Lady Britannia- female brick, Greater Manchester

Imperial Lion- male martial artist/weaponmaster (adapted from 4e, but a native-born sikh rather than an immigrant), Midlands

Tick Tock- robot time controller (from Euroguard in 5e), Greater London

Cyberknight, power armor, Yorkshire

Selkie- half-atlantean with flash and mental attacks (based off of Sea Change), Scotland

Looks like I need 3 more members.

The Blue Knight: Latest wearer of the 'enchanted armor' of the WW2 Blue Knight, and is his grandson. The suit is, in reality, a Malvan spacesuit modified to blend in with then curent earthling knights.

(Original character are welcomed, right?)

9 hours ago, steriaca said:

Another idea.

Diamond and Platinum: He is a powerful telepath. She has skin which can not falter under the strongest blow. Together they are Diamond and Platinum, agents of time.

(Ok...a Sapphire And Steel homage)

I like the concept, but there's already a Diamond on an American super-team in the CU.  

10 hours ago, steriaca said:

The Blue Knight: Latest wearer of the 'enchanted armor' of the WW2 Blue Knight, and is his grandson. The suit is, in reality, a Malvan spacesuit modified to blend in with then current earthling knights.

(Original character are welcomed, right?)

What would make him different from CyberKnight?  CyberKnight's a bloke with power armor.

23 minutes ago, grandmastergm said:

I like the concept, but there's already a Diamond on an American super-team in the CU.  

Then pick another gem. Something known for there toughness. Or maybe the exact opposite, the weakest of gemstones. Quartz and Platinum.

23 minutes ago, grandmastergm said:

What would make him different from CyberKnight?  CyberKnight's a bloke with power armor.

Beyond the legacy througline (the original was a Malvan trapper who crashed on Earth in midevil times, and fealing guilty about unleashing alien beast in jolly old England, disguised himself as a knight and hunted the beasts down, and then the armor was digged up during World War 2 and used to fight the Axis), nothing.

Still, if that bothers you, the armor could be truly magical instead, the presumed origin of the armor, magically enchanted suit of armor from King Arthur's time, is true.

Or not use them at all.