Temporary Striking Appearance

I had an alchemist in a fantasy campaign at one point who sold "magic make-up' which boosted a person's COM.  I was revisiting that character for 6e and so would substitute Striking Appearance for an Aid to COM.  The power looks something like this:

Magic Makeup: +4d6 Striking Appearance (12pts), OIF- makeup (-½), Full Minute to apply (-2), 0 DCV Concentration while applying (-½), 1 Charge last 5 hours (-0), Real cost: 3pts

This got me thinking though, how much Striking Appearance could a character buy using just off-the-shelf cosmetics?  Hollywood is famous for transforming plain people into glamorous ones, so I feel like there is something there, but what level of Striking Appearance would you allow?  I think a Hollywood makeup artist could probably achieve better results than the average person, but they would also probably have to make a Disguise skill roll or something similar.  Any thoughts on how you would approach this?

A professional makeover, including hair and makeup, combined with "sexy outfit"--(e.g., sexy designer dress, push up bra, high heels)--could make someone stand out.  

On a side note, male photo models often "pump up" and dehydrate a bit before photo shoots, to make their muscles larger and more defined to be more appealing.  

It's fair to say there's a plethora of both short term and mid to long term techniques and "tricks" to appear more attractive to others.  

I think that a +3 bonus would be the most one could get, assuming conventional means. Some of that might be cosmetics, some might be body stance, and some might be reading the target and responding appropriately.

In a similar vein, I've been trying to come up with a, "cleans up really well" power (based on Aid to PRE) and it's gone a bit into the weeds. I might just go with Limited PRE (must spend time preparing) and handwaving the details.

Much of the bonus I would consider situational; if the character just finished adventuring in the sewers, there are going to be some negative modifiers, while if they just got dressed up for a hot date there would be some positive modifiers.

On the other hand, there are some people who look just fine without makeup who would receive little to no bonus, while for others makeup can be transformative.  It is people in this latter camp that I would see buying a power like this, most especially in a supers campaign as part of a Secret ID (not unlike Clark Kent's transformative glasses).