World Creation Superdraft 3: July 2019

On 7/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, death tribble said:

Remember we are taking the weekend off.

Those of you who have not made 5 selections yet can catch up.

Those that have are invited to make flavour text. If I like it, then an optional extra selection may be available,.

This applies to anyone who has yet to join in. You may make three selections over the weekend which is your God(dess) name, their primary domain and two other choices,. God name is not mandatory but it helps.

This will help the existing players as they will not lose out by having someone grab something they wanted. The new players can catch up the extra two selections during the next week.

Well hey, Gang. 

Descending from the heavens, graceful and strong, Dagna, Goddess of the Lands and Stone claims her domain. 

1200369841_DarkIronDwarf@Formbextron.thumb.jpg.4bff46f3274173226f4ad3d8fcce680d.jpg

• Geography. Floating Islands of The First Walkers

• Sentient Life.

• Gift to Civilization. Music and the Arts

• Fauna/Flora. 

• Interference. 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. 

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain: 

• Secondary Domain: 

floating_islands_by_elenadudina-dawl3lk.

I do believe that's three. See you Monday!

Geography:  The Stage

A large sized island divided into halves. One half is an island paradise with trees, beaches and cabins.  Second half is five city-states surrounding a giant Colosseum where the rival city-states perform, compete, fight...whatever may entertain Academy at the time. 

The Stage was created just north of the location of the Floating Islands of The First Walkers.

Monster: Trustbreaker 

Sometimes called psychic vampires, but this is a bit of a misnomer; they aren't undead. These shapeshifters consume the psychic energy in trust. They eat up the confidence their victims have that they have love or support from others, or even that others have any virtues at all. Victims become increasingly paranoid, and in extreme cases have other side effects like manic contempt, prosopagnosia, dementia, or even gibbering madness. Trustbreakers are naturally gifted with silver tongues (Tziruü hates it when they get called wormtongues) and other social skills, and they use these to augment their shapeshifting. 

While a hungry trustbreaker might reduce a lone victim to madness straight off, they much prefer to take their time and spread out their meals among many victims, breaking up extended families, dissolving businesses, and even collapsing governments.

Let me know if this is a sufficiently tight secondary domain

Secondary Domain: Drugs and Bacchanalia 

Bacchanalia are not just big parties with too much heavy food. A proper cult of bacchanalia is an extreme affair, full of violence, sex, a panoply of drugs, and libertine excess set to a ritualistic beat.

The trial was just about to commence. The chamber of the town hall was crowded, the air filled with subdued speech. The three judges hadn't yet sat down, but were standing behind their high seats with their heads bent in whispered conversation. The accused, a local healer and herbologist, sat in the caged dock. It all seemed an open-and-shut case -- he had come home drunk one night, according to the neighbors there had been the usual screaming, and then cries for help. Neighbors had responded, and found the healer cradling his wife's body. Apparently, he had cut her throat. Of course, he denied everything, and blamed it all on some mysterious figure that had fled the scene. When the town watch took him away, he kept screaming imprecations at them and urged them to search for the apparently one-eyed assailant.

The three judges took their seats. The lord mayor presided -- a popular man, thought to be fair and honest, and on his fifth term -- supported by the town's high priestess of the Doomsayer and the chairman of the town council. The mayor raised his walking stick to call for order-

THOOM is sounded from the back of the hall. The surprised mayor, stick still held high, strained to see what made the noise. THOOM came again, a mighty blow on the closed gate. THOOM a third time, rattling the hinges. The great doors parted. On the porch, back lit by the bright Wormlight, stood a tall cowled figure with a great staff in hand. It started slowly walking up the aisle.

"I speak for the Lord Doomsayer", the figure said with a booming voice. "I come with his justice." Thoom, thoom, wend his staff on the stone floor. "Will you hear his judgment?"

"Oh Lord, I-" said the supposed murderer. "Hush", said the cowled one, pointing its staff at the dock. "The accused have no say in this."

The mayor looked up at the face under the hood, and saw a gray face -- not merely pale, but truly ashen gray -- with the eyes blindfolded. He finally remembered himself and lowered his stick. "Uh ... my lord ... ah ..." He snuck a glance at the priestess beside him. She was sitting rigid, eyes huge, her hands threatening to wrench the arm rests off her chair. He tried to gather himself together. "I believe," he mumbled, "that I speak for the whole town when I say that we would be pleased with your, your ... your ..." He swallowed. "Please ... just go ahead."

The hood turned toward the accused healer, who looked like he tried to compete with the high priestess in horrified looks. He would probably have won. 

The tall figure approached the docks. Silently, it regarded the terrified occupant. Its long arm shot out, landing the palm on the healer's forehead. The healer screamed, then fainted.

The figure turned towards the crowd, its hand held high, the palm glowing faintly. "This man is innocent", it boomed. "The true murdered is now far away, fleeing towards Babylon. The fool will be arrested and dealt with by the Lord Doomsayer's priests, according to his laws." It lowered its arm. "These proceedings are closed." THOOM THOOM THOOM went the staff on the flagstones.

---

Guardian Pick: The Blind Judge, the Doomsayer's avatar and spokesman. Dispenser of justice when justice is scarce, the scourge of the guilty and the rod and staff of the innocent.

15 hours ago, Old Man said:
"Natural selection favors not only the clever but the murderous." -Barbara Ehrenreich

Sentient Life: Deinonychus, the Cullers of the Weak

spacer.png

I sense a "Clever Girl" or "Cunning Lady" moment in future culture interactions

10 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Let me know if this is a sufficiently tight secondary domain

Secondary Domain: Drugs and Bacchanalia 

Bacchanalia are not just big parties with too much heavy food. A proper cult of bacchanalia is an extreme affair, full of violence, sex, a panoply of drugs, and libertine excess set to a ritualistic beat.

Bacchanalia comes from Dionysus whose domains include Ritual madness  and religious ecstasy so it qualifies.

15 hours ago, Enforcer84 said:

Well hey, Gang. 

Descending from the heavens, graceful and strong, Dagna, Goddess of the Lands and Stone claims her domain. 

• Geography. Floating Islands of The First Walkers

• Sentient Life.

• Gift to Civilization. Music and the Arts

• Fauna/Flora. 

• Interference. 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. 

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain: 

• Secondary Domain: 

I do believe that's three. See you Monday!

Inconceivable !

An Enforcer84 sighting !

Welcome aboard

On 7/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, Lucius said:

The Amamaun were the first people to live in this new world and thus the first to die.

They found many ways to the Dark Gate: some lingered too long in a pool that became cut off by the endless cycles of inundation and rising, and thus left high and dry when the pool at last drained; some fell to the predators of the deep; some learned too late that certain bright patterns proclaimed "Touch me not, I am poison."

And sometimes corpses were left to bloat and become unrecognizable vectors of disease, or the departed's companions would tow the corpse about with them and speak to it, hoping for a response. And sometimes there would come a response.

And the spirits were restless and haunted the dreams of the Amamaun, until all feared to close their eyes for the horror of the terrifying visions that may ensue. For it is the way of mortals that the living shall fear the dead, who remind them that they too must in time come to the Dark Gate.

And I, Arepo, the Lady of Death and Rebirth, came upon a band of the Amamaun whose fear and grief were so heavy they could not swim about but only follow the seafloor; and they were besieged by an army of corpses, for the dead, unable to pass the Gate, had returned to their flesh to encircle their kin and gaze at them with blank dead eyes demanding to be put to rest.

And the Amamaun recognized Me and cast down their eyes, save one, who gazed at Me pleading, and I saw that her compassion for the dead was greater than her fear of them. To her I said "The people suffer, living as well as dead. To end that suffering, would you give your own life?" And despite her fear she said "I would" and then I knew that I had found the First Priestess.

To be continued....

And the dead parted as I led her forth to a place where a rift in the seabed led into the Riddledark. The rift was guarded by Deathribbons, a species of seaweed so poisonous the Amamaun dared not even touch it, and she said "Lady, I will of course follow where You lead, but know that this is Deathribbon and it will kill me if i touch it." I said "Fear not" and taught her the password that allowed her to pass without danger. And to this day in a Temple of Arepo the Sanctum is set apart by a doorway hung with ribbons and the pious or superstitious regard that barrier with dread and whisper that the ribbons bear death within their rippling lengths.

And in the Riddledark I taught that woman of the Amamaun much, how to sing a prayer, how to set up an altar and the ways to honor each of us who are of the Council of the Deathless, above all how to sing away the restless dead and how to treat a corpse so that it will not become a font either of physical nor of spiritual corruption, and how to guide the bereaved through the processes of grief. And too I taught the rituals of initiation and how best to choose those to initiate, so that there would be priests and priestesses to come after her who would know and use the Lore.

This is My gift to the civilizations of the world: Priestcraft, including the secrets of funerary rites and of initiation.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is my gift to taglines

Still catching up...

The Amamaun could not prepare for the appearance of death. How could they? It did not exist before. Even Rebastia was surprised by that. By he would not be surprised again, nor would his Amamaun. His gift to civilization is the power of prophesy. Only a select few can use the scrying waters properly, but his people would become known as mystics and oracles the world over. It may even be possible for others, such as humans, to someday utilize the gift. 

How-to-Use-Water-as-a-Divination-Tool-1-

After Olos saw what Rebastia did by gifting his people with prophecy, the god retreated and wondered what he could do as a gift. He had removed the Skyborne from their oppressors and hidden all knowledge of what they once were but he felt that his gift should be not only for his chosen but for all. But what could he do that would be of use to many ? The god pondered. And listened to the prayers brought to him and to the other Gods. It was one of Doomsayer's domains that finally brought realisation to the Lord of Heavens and what better gift for a god of knowledge and the weather ?

He gathered the Skyborne together and taught them the gift and bade them visit the other races and teach them. Then he whispered the gift to the birds who passed the gift to all the other beasts and the plants.

And the gift that Olos gave was of Navigation so that anyone could travel over land and water and determine where they were by looking and listening for signs on the terrain and in the sky.

It is a two edged sword for if the Amamaun did not like someone they could use the same signs to track them or confuse them.

Cocinnant was undisputed God of Crafts, Lord of Invention, and Master of metal! Its worship was strong and almost every race and culture known to the gods had a least some members that revered and honored the G0D.

And yet, they were flesh.

Yet they hurt.

Wounds of the flesh were mostly a matter of maintenance, perhaps a patch, and then self repair. Even lost limbs could be replaced.

But some of the Craftgod's worshipers called out for a form of repair that was not in any agreement, user or otherwise.

Cries from the brokenhearted.

Prayers from those who had tried, and failed, and felt they could not try again.

Some felt lonely, some felt lost; so many felt so flawed.

And Concinnant, clumsily at first, began to tend to them. What would be clear instructions in how to straighten a warp, or loosen a tangle, became metaphorical for the working of minds, hearts and souls and were passed on by his priests and through writings. Even scrap could be repurposed! Because nothing is really useless, it just needs the right task. No one is really worthless, for you never know when there was need for just that kind of people.

And without meaning to, word spread out among mortals, that if you felt broken inside, Concinnant would try to fix you, and better, help you fix yourself.

DOMAIN: Restoration (And not just of machines and devices)

Rebastia, ironically, gave the world its tallest peak. With its roots buried well beneath the oceans, the peak of Mount Kedge rises far above the clouds, far from view. And the mountain moves. Slow enough that it can be inhabited safely without earthquakes, the exact position has confounded mapmakers for centuries. With the planet's odd shape, sometimes it seems to rise in the central void space, other times away from it. Philosophers and scientists argue endlessly about the meaning behing Mount Kedge. 

1541789697177-DonutEarth.jpeg

On 7/7/2019 at 8:29 AM, death tribble said:

There is a potential clash between Enforcer84 and Psybolt over the Arts and Acting. Accordingly Enforcer84's the Arts does not include Acting.

I'll put a revised update on Wednesday.

We are only waiting on Lucius and Log to catch up.

Yeah, She's much more into Craftworks than Showmanship. 

Sorry I missed yesterday. I was shopping for gnome clothes.

Dagna's will and favor seeks beauty from her beloved earth and stone. As such she is a patron of Craftsman and Artisans (Non actors, screenwriters, playwrites, and booking agents only) she made her seas of earth and stone sparkle and glitter with life and beauty. But such beauty is appreciated most when you have to work for it. Toil in the mines, carve the stones, bring forth the beauty of her bountiful lands. 

Subdomain: Craftsmen and Artistans.  Mining.

1 minute ago, Sociotard said:

Doesn't "Crafting and Artisans" step on Hermits domain a bit? or is his just a techie industrial bent and yours is a farmers market arts and crafts bent?

Well, I wasn't just techie industrial in my mind anyway so I'm a bit worried/confused as well