Tabletop Simulator

Excellent work.  A couple of questions around penalty skill levels.  Some of the characters in my campaign will buy PSL vs. range or say vs. hit location.  Is that handled in the dice rolling (not necessarily automatically; maybe just a field they update at the beginning of the session)?

The white box at the end of the To Hit line can be used for modifiers such as PSL etc.

Normal manoeuvres are in the Martial arts section and modify OCV and have their own white box at the end (see the haymaker section in the video). The range mod fits into that for range OCV mod also (if ticked).

All of the white boxes are stable and should remember their content in a session. They can handle positive and negative numbers from -99 to 999.

Hopefully that should cover what you require.

Stress testing .. Got 20 active controllers now ... With 6 "Players" and GM .. GM has 14 controllers with loaded characters also

unknown.png

This view shows 4 open windows .. and the turn controller with 20 loaded and active.

unknown.png

This view shows the same game from the blue players perspective .. Note the blue player see's his own combat record and not the ones in use by the GM or the turn tracker.

unknown.png

This shows 14 active NPC's for the GM .. and all six players are active in their own sessions.

unknown.png

And finally the same view with some windows "minimised" .. and others fully open and operational.

Things start to slow down as we add more controllers after this ... becoming challenging to use around 27 controllers.

Given the work today .. I suspect we are getting very close.  I would say just around Christmas with worst case early Jan.

Load time is down to 1.4 seconds per Controller (from around 3 seconds).   Interface has changed slightly, but refactoring the code has tightened performance significantly.

unknown.png?width=373&height=673

With another 3-4 days work I could lower it down into around 1 - 1.1 seconds per controller I think.
The combat record now "detaches" from the controller when in use (which increases ongoing performance by reducing "onscreen" items. It can also be attached again (both options via the green top left button)
So time estimates currently running around 36 seconds to load 26 controllers. Compared to 90 or so seconds before.
This is all dependant on the computer being used and to some degree network/internet speed, which is why I am focusing on reducing it as much as is possible.

unknown.png

PM me @ScottishFox if you are interested in giving it a trial?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, ScottishFox said:

How does one get this software?  I bought Tabletop Simulator, but haven't been able to match schedules with Brennall.

Brennall has to publish it to the TTS Steam Workshop.  At that point you will be able to load it as a mod.  Many of us are waiting for that glorious day 😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, Chris Goodwin said:

When I originally got TTS, I got a 4-pack, not knowing exactly what I was doing.  Once I figured it out, I attempted to give one of the licenses to a friend, but I don't think he ever collected it.  

So, I have at least two, potentially three, TTS licenses to give out.  If somebody wants one, and will use it, PM me along with your Steam nickname and I'll send you one.  

My three gift licenses have been claimed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I too would like to hear more about the Hero System pack and its pending release; I just picked up TTS (at the retail price, sadly) because waiting for the pack is easier than adapting Fantasy Grounds to the task.

I'm still going to try to get FG to play Champions; it's just going to take a while.

@Territan I suggest linking in this thread for latest information

The mod is already released in Beta and active with over 1000 subscribers to date.

If you wish to help out with the mod and the work to move it to full release join use on the Discord here: -

https://discord.gg/HcUJvJH

Please msg me on the discord if you need any help.

To see what the latest changes and tutorials you can find and subscribe to them here: -

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just instlled Tabletop Simulator and finally figured out how get the mod added in.  When I started it up and it was loading there was a message that  "There is an update to the miniHub Injector (3.3.0 .. 3.3.4)  Please update."

How do I do that.

Also, do I need to change the jason exporter to handle 5e characters?  I ran it as is, and it won't load in the mod.

Thanks for the great work!!!