Drought Powers - help?

assault

I'm designing a set of villains with natural disaster themes. Specifically, Cyclone, Bushfire, Flood and Drought. They are based on the disasters typically encountered in Australia, so no Earthquake or Blizzard, for example.

Anyway, Cyclone, Bushfire and Flood are straightforward, but I'm struggling with Drought.

My problem seems to be that drought is a negative condition - a lack of rain/water, rather than a positive condition.

Anyway, apart from limited weather control and some kind of dehydration attack, I'm a bit stuck for ideas for Drought's powers.

Any suggestions?

On 7/8/2019 at 12:33 AM, Doc Democracy said:

Drought is really the time when things don’t work, don’t grow, wither and die.  I would think that he would suit a whole suite of drain, suppress and transformation attacks.  

I agree with this.  A lot.

Things that come to mind:

A large area change environment - Dry Heat - that changes temperature levels and causes REC/END problems.  Maybe even CON rolls at some penalty to avoid stumbling around desiccated at 1/2 DCV (roughly equal to DEX roll or fall on ice sheet).

NND Blasts as he drains the moisture from victims.

Drains vs. STR/CON/END as he withers the heroes.

More severe cases could be a Severe Transform into desiccated husk which he uses to shrivel victims to dust.

Drains vs. BOD against could be used as lethal attacks and ways to collapse wooden structures.

Looks like you have some good suggestions for the original question, but considering the theme I suggest a couple more sidekicks/wanna-bes, or perhaps copycats to provide a false lead for the party while they're trying to deal with these guys: Bushrabbit and Cane Toad :P

They're a couple of my stock characters when superheroing leads down under, along with archvillain The Dread Emu and hero team Platypus Man, Argent Wombat, and Tassiewolf.

7 hours ago, dialNforNinja said:

Looks like you have some good suggestions for the original question, but considering the theme I suggest a couple more sidekicks/wanna-bes, or perhaps copycats to provide a false lead for the party while they're trying to deal with these guys: Bushrabbit and Cane Toad :P

They're a couple of my stock characters when superheroing leads down under, along with archvillain The Dread Emu and hero team Platypus Man, Argent Wombat, and Tassiewolf.

Hmm. I like The Dread Emu. He sounds like the kind of guy that could defeat the Australian Army.

I already have a wombat based character - Combat Wombat. He has lots of guns and pouches.

1 hour ago, assault said:

Hmm. I like The Dread Emu. He sounds like the kind of guy that could defeat the Australian Army.

Well, that's why she's an archvillain. Fortunately she's also a patriot; in one campaign outline I wrote the fallback position if the party couldn't stave off an alien invasion was that Gaia would appear and have the remaining orbital defences allow a path through so the invaders would make their beachhead in Australia, so her most loving creatures could give them a taste of what to expect from their new nieghbors, so to speak. The Dread Emu would then have claimed the #4 spot in causing casualties among them, after snakes, spiders, and sheep, but edging out drop bears and gympie gympie shrubs (Dendrocnide moroides,) other human efforts only taking #6 combined.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, assault said:

I'm designing a set of villains with natural disaster themes. Specifically, Cyclone, Bushfire, Flood and Drought. They are based on the disasters typically encountered in Australia, so no Earthquake or Blizzard, for example.

Anyway, Cyclone, Bushfire and Flood are straightforward, but I'm struggling with Drought.

My problem seems to be that drought is a negative condition - a lack of rain/water, rather than a positive condition.

Anyway, apart from limited weather control and some kind of dehydration attack, I'm a bit stuck for ideas for Drought's powers.

Any suggestions?

I guess you are in a drought of ideas ;)

Here's some ideas:

The dry wind blast - EB w/double knockback or EB linked with END drain

Area of Effect Rec Drain Selective Always On(This one can get nasty after the first turn, basically its simulating rain as a recovery of the land)

Too tiring to do anything End drain AoE Selective Always On only when target uses END (basically doing anything costs more end than expected)

Dust in your eyes Flash attack