Any Champs Universe Timeline Updates?

CrosshairCollie

1 hour ago, CrosshairCollie said:

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is 'no', but has there been any official updates on the Champions Universe timeline?  The one in the Champions Universe 6e book ends in 2009, any official goings-on for the last 10 years?

Nope. The universe froze in 2009. Everyone fell into suspended animation. Nothing to see here.

It's true there have been several developments in Champions Online in recent years, which should count as "official" additions to the CU. If you're interested, legendary Champions author and veteran CO player Scott Bennie created a free PDF "lore primer" to provide new MMO players with some essential setting information. Said document adds CO events through 2017 to the official timeline, as well as provides useful perspectives on the differences between the two versions of the CU: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHmfdC4jXPpVmxGd1ZxcHVfbFk/view

There is also some info in Darren Watts's Golden Age Champions for between WW II and the present day. That mostly involves legacy characters, i.e. descendants of or successors to that first generation of heroes. For example, it mentions that a fourth person has taken up the identity of Meteor Man in the present. But a few of the GA characters written up are still active today.

• 1 month later...

Belated thoughts

The real kicker is, at least in the formerly official time line..2020 is when Witchcraft casts her megaspell to protect reality from Tyrannon, but as a side effect it undoes the magic flow that makes odd coincidences and rubber science more likely. By 2022, it's the end of the Superhero Age in the Hero universe.

Obviously, with Cryptic holding the IP, I think it is safe to save something else will happen if they address that at all.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Since that timeline was first publicized in 2002, I think it's also a safe bet that Steve and Darren figured, if they were still publishing Champions Universe books in eighteen years, they could revise the timeline then. :winkgrin:

NO! It's as if it were written in stone!

*Holds up ancient PDF copy holy manuscript*

;)