SteveZilla

Question

I am a little confused as to what options to use from the Linked Table (6e1, p385).  A character has Resistant Protection (SFX is a self-sustaining 'Force Field' - i.e., no END cost, and is still Persistent).  The character wishes to buy some Life Support (safe environs) that are Linked to the Resistant Protection (since it is the 'Force Field' that is granting the protection).  The Life Support has lower Active Points than the Resistant Protection.

Would the Linked limitation on the Life Support be -½, -¼, or even -0?  Forex, do I apply the -¼ reduction because I don't want/need the "proportionality" that comes with Linked?  Do I apply the -¼ reduction because the Resistant Protection would be "in use most of the time"?

1 answer to this question

Generally speaking these are questions I'd prefer to leave for the GM, since it's his campaign. I think the most fundamental issue here is this:  is the LS restricted in any way? Since the character can effectively leave his Resistant Protection on all the time (even when he's unconscious), I think the LS really isn't hindered in any way, so the value of Linked should be -0. But, as I say, these are issues to leave up to the GM -- he knows his campaign, your character, and how things tend to play out better than I do. ;)