Brandon Routh Returns As Superman

wcw43921

• 2 weeks later...

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Arrowverse Crossover Casts Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/04/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover-batman-bruce-wayne-kevin-conroy

Arrowverse Crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths Casts Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne

https://screenrant.com/bruce-wayne-batman-kevin-conroy-arrowverse-crisis-infinite-earths/

Kevin Conroy is taking part. He will be playing Bruce Wayne from the future. Unsure WHICH. I’m hopeful it is BTAS and live action not a voice over role. 

Black Lightning crossover will happen. 

On 7/19/2019 at 4:27 PM, Bazza said:

Now if they can convince Dean Cain to suit up as well...

And Tom Welling too...

On 7/19/2019 at 4:37 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Loved Dean Cain as Superman, and Brandon Routh was great even if the film was pretty disappointing

I always wanted to see Dean Cain as the original Captain Marvel--and wouldn't that make a really great scene with Captain Marvel and the Kingdom Come Superman?

CM: "Holy Moly!  Another Superman!  This is an honor, sir!"

KCS: (Just stands with his mouth open)

CM: "Did--did I say something wrong?"

KCS: "The--the honor is mine."

(Swallows a lump in his throat)

KCS: "You have no idea how good it is to see you.  None."

Kevin Conroy would make a good Kingdom Come Batman, too--and I did hear that Black Lightning would make an appearance in this crossover as well.  I'll see if I can chase down the link.

• 1 month later...

I actually thought he was the best version of Luthor depicted on screen--and with competition that includes Gene Hackman and Michael Rosenbaum, that's saying something.  He appeared as though he'd stepped right out of a Curt Swan illustration, and the way he knifed Superman in the back with the Kryptonite shiv was thoroughly vicious.  This was how he should have been depicted all along.

But you're right--it's doubtful Kevin Spacey will be appearing in any role anytime soon.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:27 PM, Bazza said:

Now if they can convince Dean Cain to suit up as well...

And Tom Welling too...

I can't do anything about Dean Cain but as for Welling, your wish is my command:

Smallville's Tom Welling, Erica Durance reunite for Arrowverse's 'Crisis on Infinite Earths'

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/26/smallville-tom-welling-erica-durance-photo-arrowverse-crisis-crossover/

6 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Cool, but we also need Michael Rosenbaum too. 

He passed. https://io9.gizmodo.com/michael-rosenbaum-on-why-his-lex-luthor-wont-be-in-cris-1838413937

I’ll just be straight up about this. WB called my agents Friday afternoon when I was in Florida visiting my grandfather in a nursing home. Their offer: No Script. No idea what I’m doing. No idea when I’m shooting. Basically no money. And the real kick in the ass “We have to know now.” My simple answer was “Pass.” I think you can understand why.

Ah bummer, but totally understandable. 

Next on the wish list: Smallville's Green Arrow (which would be funny), Aquaman, and Impulse (Flash). And then we get into the other DC characters which would be a stretch for Crisis like Black Canary, Zatanna, Legion, Justice Society. 

But im happy Smallville will be represented. 

13 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Ah bummer, but totally understandable. 

Next on the wish list: Smallville's Green Arrow (which would be funny), Aquaman, and Impulse (Flash). And then we get into the other DC characters which would be a stretch for Crisis like Black Canary, Zatanna, Legion, Justice Society. 

But im happy Smallville will be represented. 

I thought Smallville's Green Arrow was the best depiction of that character which we've seen.

I can understand Smallville's Lex not getting offered a lot of money: they jamming in everyone who's ever been on a DC television show, even Burt Ward, the Robin from the campy 1960's Batman show. There's only five one-hour episodes in which to tell the story and the writers are jamming in most anyone who has ever been anyone to be a guest star. None of the cameo people are going to get a large speaking part. They're going to come in, stand around for a conference group shot, pose for an action group shot, and wave at the camera.

The most someone like Lex's actor could hope for is that doing the cameo would boost his career if his career had stalled (since they aren't going to revive Smallville with the original cast). But his career isn't stalled, the timing isn't convenient, the location isn't convenient, and he probably has hair now which he doesn't want to lose (j/k).

I don't think the writers would intentionally stick him with crappy dialogue which would ruin people's memory of his Smallville character. But why should he inconvenience himself in order to take that chance?

2 hours ago, archer said:

The most someone like Lex's actor could hope for is that doing the cameo would boost his career if his career had stalled (since they aren't going to revive Smallville with the original cast). But his career isn't stalled, the timing isn't convenient, the location isn't convenient, and he probably has hair now which he doesn't want to lose (j/k).

His final Smallville appearance he wore a bald cap because he wasn't going to shave his head for a cameo.

If Michael Rosenbaum's recollection of his conversation with the WB rep is accurate, it would have been unreasonable, and rather disrespectful, to expect him to commit under those circumstances. And while it would be nostalgic to see him again in the role, it would have been a waste of his talent to just have him make a cameo. His Luthor deserves a significant story.

On 9/28/2019 at 4:43 AM, Lord Liaden said:

If Michael Rosenbaum's recollection of his conversation with the WB rep is accurate, it would have been unreasonable, and rather disrespectful, to expect him to commit under those circumstances. And while it would be nostalgic to see him again in the role, it would have been a waste of his talent to just have him make a cameo. His Luthor deserves a significant story.

It would have been interesting to see him parlay a cameo into a story arc on one of the WB shows.

After Lex learns of the existence of the multiverse, he decides to get a fresh start in a world without a Superman. I could see Lex settling in the Flash universe or one of the universes they frequently visit and setting himself up as a power.

The history and geologies of the Earths are probably very similar until the last couple of hundred years.

Lex could bring with him a list of every significant mining and drilling site on his Earth plus a list of every lost treasure/city which had ever been discovered. On the new Earth, cross-reference the locations to see if the mine, oil, or treasure had been located there. If it hasn't, pick up the treasure or buy the land on the cheap before anyone else knows there's anything valuable there.

He could legitimately become a billionaire in a fairly short amount of time even if he didn't being significant resources with him from his original reality (apart from schematics of all of his companies' inventions, of course).

I wouldn't mind seeing a Superman that didn't pi$$ all over the 70+ years of character. 

But after reading the comic interpretations in the last 10-20 years plus the super boom boom movies we've had inflicted on us for the last 10-20 years.  Well, I'll not be holding my breath. 

• 2 weeks later...