A Character Creation Project using CCCC packs

dafair

I have not played Hero System since 4e. I bought the 5e and 6e basic books out of nostalgia, but never had a chance to play. Well, my kids are finally asking me about them (my kids are in their 20s btw) and i decided to show them how to use the flexibility of Hero System to make any character you can imagine. I figured the easiest way to do this was download from DriveThruRPG and print the Champions Character Creation Cards, and then use them to "make" their favorite characters from the comics, using the standard 400 point superheroic builds. We are having a good time doing this, and it may even lead to getting them to play something other than D&D5e.

So, in the interest of sharing. here is what we made together so far. Please feel free to share your own builds, ideas, and opinions.

Luke Cage (Netflix Version): Tough! + Mistrusted + Nearly Invulnerable (100) + HTH Brick Tricks (50) + Self-Healer (50) + Super Strong (25) + Detective (25)

Iron Man: Smart! + Love Interest + Powered Armor (100) + Scientist (50)+ Well Connected & Persuasive (25) + Knowledgeable (25) + Money & Cars (25) + Flash Defense (25

Captain America: Fast! + True Blue Hero + Returning Throwing Weapons (50) + Comic Book Ninja (50) + Resistant (50) + Master of Combat (25) + Strong & Tough (25) + Tough Guy Fisticuffs (25) -- This is only 375 - leaves Cap with 25 points to buy the defenses in his shield

Harley Quinn: Dexterous! + Mistrusted + Comic Book Ninja (50) + Themed Weaponry HTH Solid & Ranged (50) + Mentally Tough (25) + Knowledgeable (25) + Strong & Tough (25) + Lucky Bugger (25)  -- The mentally tough reflects her unstable mind and how difficult it is for mentalists to deal with

Black Panther: Fast! + Answerable + Comic Book Ninja (50) + Resistant (50) + Base & Vehicles (50) + Strong & Tough (25) + Money & Cars (25) + Well Connected & Persuasive (25) + Combat Claws (25)

That's all we have done so far, maybe more later today