Junior Justice Foundation campaign

Mark Rand

54 minutes ago, eepjr24 said:

I don't see the need for a trigger on either of these powers? Even if you have accidental change. I would also not bother with the linked, just build it as a compound power. It would be something like:

Magical Girl Change: [36 AP] [17 RP] 1 End

1d6 Cosmetic Transform, standard effect, [3 AP] Self only (-1/2), Set effect (Current clothes or Magical Girl Costume), Concentration: 1/2 DCV (-1/4), Delayed Phase (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) [1 RP] 1 End

AND

Shapeshift (sight, hearing, touch, smell/taste, mental), One Shape Only (Magical Girl), 0 END (+1/2), [33 AP] Concentration: 1/2 DCV (-1/4), Delayed Phase (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)  [16 RP] 0 End

I might have missed an odd corner case, but I think these would be functionally the same. The set effect is probably worth a limitation as well, but meaningless once you hit -1 on a 3 point power.

- E

Thank you. I'll make a change. Every little point saved counts.

1 hour ago, eepjr24 said:

heh. Believe me, I know. Phase has a physical complication and a DNPC that are worth no points. I don't think it will really be a problem, enemies seem to crop up either way and I'll manage to upset someone enough to hunt me whether it appears on the sheet or not. If Mark decides he wants me to have one (either rogues gallery or someone in particular that fits) it won't bother me, it just did not seem critical to the concept I was going for. Rather green, not really on anyone's radar enough to have fanatical enemies. Most encounters he has had so far before JJF are as a "masked vigilante" who ties up robbers, car thieves, etc. and calls police from a burner phone.

- E

What about an elusive cat burglar who may be female and uses smoke and flash pellets to dodge pursuers and uses knockout pellets and sleep darts on marks?

3 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

What about an elusive cat burglar who may be female and uses smoke and flash pellets to dodge pursuers and uses knockout pellets and sleep darts on marks?

That works for me if you have that type hanging around or a reason to integrate them. I am guessing this would be a Hunting, not a Hunted?

Something like:

5 Hunting: Mystery Cat Burglar (Less powerful, Infrequent, Jail)

Or if they are As Powerful, 10. Let me know if I need to mod it otherwise.

I still need to get Phase entered into Hero Designer.

- E

31 minutes ago, eepjr24 said:

That works for me if you have that type hanging around or a reason to integrate them. I am guessing this would be a Hunting, not a Hunted?

Something like:

5 Hunting: Mystery Cat Burglar (Less powerful, Infrequent, Jail)

Or if they are As Powerful, 10. Let me know if I need to mod it otherwise.

I still need to get Phase entered into Hero Designer.

- E

I would say less powerful.  The burglar doesn't have Phase's powers.

11 hours ago, steriaca said:

6.  OMCV. 6

6.  DMCV.  6

Not trying to add to your problems, but I think those should be 9 each?

And unless Robert has a reason to have medium level mentalist CV's, you can probably drop those a point or so and put them into the OIHD set?

You could also probably take all the stats you have bought OIHD and buy them Unified Power as well. Slightly more vulnerable, but makes sense for starting character and you can buy it off gradually as you gain xp. That would shave 17 points or so total?

Moving the Too Lovely To Harm into your MP would shave another 27 or so points. 

That's 46 or so saved. Another 125ish to go. I would probably ditch the KA and the Heart Attack: Low Energy. Ditch all the advantages on Mental and Power Defense, not really appropriate for a starter character, IMO. There goes another 34. Halve the Eyes of Love cost, down to 75 more to go. That's the easy ones I see. After that you get into some harder choices.

- E

Just now, steriaca said:

I thought we were doing Standard (400, 75 complications). Ok...guess we are doing Low-Powered (300, 60 complications). I'll see what I can do.

Everything on Unified Power?

Standard is 400 total points, with 75 matching complications. 

6e1, 34

The GM determines which category the PCs belong to. This establishes the Total Points each PC is built with (and the amount of Matching Complications points he needs), as shown in the Character Types Guidelines Table and Character Ability Guidelines Table.

Unless Mark reads it the way you are, in which case I have 75 more points to spend. 😃 Either way works for me.

- E

1 minute ago, eepjr24 said:

Standard is 400 total points, with 75 matching complications. 

6e1, 34

The GM determines which category the PCs belong to. This establishes the Total Points each PC is built with (and the amount of Matching Complications points he needs), as shown in the Character Types Guidelines Table and Character Ability Guidelines Table.

Unless Mark reads it the way you are, in which case I have 75 more points to spend. 😃 Either way works for me.

- E

Yes, I was working on that assumption (400 points/75 complications). If I add Unified Power on everything, remove Heartbreaker, and remove Hardened and Impenetrable from Mental and Power Defense, I could use thoes points to...buy more skills? *shrugs* What more skills does an otaku need?

3 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Yes, I was working on that assumption (400 points/75 complications). If I add Unified Power on everything, remove Heartbreaker, and remove Hardened and Impenetrable from Mental and Power Defense, I could use thoes points to...buy more skills? *shrugs* What more skills does an otaku need?

The Otaku I know (although some of them refer to themselves as Weebo now I think) still have outside interests as well. One of them I know is still a Star Wars freak, another is quite into tabletop war games. Still another is pretty heavy into the BDSM scene. Not suggesting the latter necessarily, just giving examples.

- E

1 minute ago, eepjr24 said:

The Otaku I know (although some of them refer to themselves as Weebo now I think) still have outside interests as well. One of them I know is still a Star Wars freak, another is quite into tabletop war games. Still another is pretty heavy into the BDSM scene. Not suggesting the latter necessarily, just giving examples.

- E

thanks.

Not trying to add to your problems, but I think those should be 9 each?

And unless Robert has a reason to have medium level mentalist CV's, you can probably drop those a point or so and put them into the OIHD set?

Reduced it to 4. I probably messed up on the math.

You could also probably take all the stats you have bought OIHD and buy them Unified Power as well. Slightly more vulnerable, but makes sense for starting character and you can buy it off gradually as you gain xp. That would shave 17 points or so total

Added Unified Power to the mess.

Moving the Too Lovely To Harm into your MP would shave another 27 or so points. 

While transformed, she is always Too Lovely To Harm. The special effect is that the villain subconsciously pulls his attack, not wanting to harm such a beauty. I should probably put an excption for thoes who have so much hate in there heart that they wouldn't be effective, or attacks done by nature, but, well...

That's 46 or so saved. Another 125ish to go. I would probably ditch the KA and the Heart Attack: Low Energy. Ditch all the advantages on Mental and Power Defense, not really appropriate for a starter character, IMO. There goes another 34. Halve the Eyes of Love cost, down to 75 more to go. That's the easy ones I see. After that you get into some harder choices.

- E

Did some pruning on MD and PD. Removed the advantages, but hiked it to 20 each. And removed the extra stuff from Eyes Of Love.

Okay, I am a bit confused. 400+75 normally means you get to spend 400 total points and have to have at least 75 points in complications. Not 475 points and 75 points in complications. 6e1 18 and 19 has an example character sheet that shows that. I am okay with whatever point limits are set, just want to make sure we are all on the same page for what that means?

- E

Okay, I am a bit confused. 400+75 normally means you get to spend 400 total points and have to have at least 75 points in complications. Not 475 points and 75 points in complications. 6e1 18 and 19 has an example character sheet that shows that. I am okay with whatever point limits are set, just want to make sure we are all on the same page for what that means?

- E

I guess we are going with the "absolute beginers" rate of 300 starting points and 60 points of complications (total 360), primarily because it is associated with teenage superheroes.

I was originally told that since it was a play by post game, and most of the stuff will be pure roleplaying, to not worry about points.

Not trying to belabor the point, but 300/60 (Low-Powered Superheroic) means you spend a TOTAL of 300 points. Not 360 after complications. If 360/60 is what Mark means, I am fine with that as well, I just want to make sure I am building to the same points as everyone else. As you say, it may not be a critical point since RP will be the concentration, it's a 20 percent difference which is significant.

- E

25 minutes ago, eepjr24 said:

Not trying to belabor the point, but 300/60 (Low-Powered Superheroic) means you spend a TOTAL of 300 points. Not 360 after complications. If 360/60 is what Mark means, I am fine with that as well, I just want to make sure I am building to the same points as everyone else. As you say, it may not be a critical point since RP will be the concentration, it's a 20 percent difference which is significant.

- E

I came from 4th edition, and never truly made anything for 5th and 6th. I'm use to x base points + x disadvantage points, and not a 300 with 60 complications (which makes it 240 points + 60 complication points from my point of refrence).

If this is truly the case, I still need to prune.

4 minutes ago, steriaca said:

I came from 4th edition, and never truly made anything for 5th and 6th. I'm use to x base points + x disadvantage points, and not a 300 with 60 complications (which makes it 240 points + 60 complication points from my point of refrence).

If this is truly the case, I still need to prune.

Yeah, in 4e and 5e they had "Base Points", so 400/75 there would have been 475 total. They switched it up in 6e to "Total Points" and greatly reduced the complication requirements and increased the points totals generally. Probably easier for people new to the system, but confusing for those who have played earlier versions a long time.

- E

4 minutes ago, eepjr24 said:

Yeah, in 4e and 5e they had "Base Points", so 400/75 there would have been 475 total. They switched it up in 6e to "Total Points" and greatly reduced the complication requirements and increased the points totals generally. Probably easier for people new to the system, but confusing for those who have played earlier versions a long time.

- E

So a 400 point campaign is 325 base points and 75 complication points. Man I miss the base point days.