Junior Justice Foundation campaign

Mark Rand

14 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

Okay.  No Broadway, no time ball being dropped in Times Square, all New York-based TV shows forced to move to Los Angeles, all those skyscrapers now under water.  Maybe a family that's famous for being famous were in NYC at that time, trying to pitch a reality show.  Maybe I should've sunk Atlantic City instead.

This next idea isn't from Hermit's "scratchverse".  The United States is a constitutional monarchy under the Westminster System, with both houses of Congress elected.  Jacqueline II is the current monarch.  William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton is the current Prime Minister.

I guess it is better than what we have now. Or seems so. Prehaps Trump can be Prime Minister of New York. It's not the first time he has been under water ...

Seriously thoe, what happened to the American Revolution? We have a monarchy? When did we gain a monarch after sheading one? I also noticed the current monarch has a french name.

I'm guessing the revolution didn't go our way, but we were considered 'too unpleasant' for the handlers of King George (the english monarch who was actually crazy and taxed us to revolution). So, the next monarch sold British America to France?

Good questions. 

After we won the revolution, the country's founders liked the idea of a constitutional monarchy so much that they decided that we should become one.

Queen Jacqueline I was named in honor of the wife of John F. Kennedy, who had been Prime Minister from 1961 through 1969.  Queen Jacqueline II, her granddaughter, seceded her father, King Harold.

1 minute ago, Mark Rand said:

Good questions. 

After we won the revolution, the country's founders liked the idea of a constitutional monarchy so much that they decided that we should become one.

So this opens up some very large cans of worms. What is different in the constitution? Was there a Civil War? Did the south participate in the slave trade? If so, when did black suffrage happen? Women's suffrage? Do things like the second amendment exist? Roe V Wade? Scopes Trial? Loving decision? The list is long.

- E

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Good questions. 

Queen Jacqueline I was named in honor of the wife of John F. Kennedy, who had been Prime Minister from 1961 through 1969.  Queen Jacqueline II, her granddaughter, seceded her father, King Harold.

This changes everything. E's questions really open a can of worms. You can't just change one fact and think everything else will be the same.

Good point.  We'll forget about this change.  The government's like it is in real life, with a different President, Vice President, and Cabinet.  This is what I've come up with on the fly and will be changed as needed.

With New York City, and Trump underwater, former Treasury Secretary James Collingsworth, an economist,  was elected President of the United States in 2016.  He assumed office on January 20, 2019. 

His wife, Ann, is an eye surgeon with her own practice and the first First Lady to have a full-time job.  At the Secret Service's recommendation, she wears a bulletproof vest under her scrubs.  Several of the members of her office staff are actually Secret Service agents.

Another of the "Scratchverse" ideas involved aliens on Earth.  My thought was combining Stargate SG-1 with SHADO from UFO, with the SHADO Moonbase looking like Moonbase Alpha from Space: 1999. 

The Skydiver subs would look like Virginia-class submarines.  Their fighter craft would be a F-35 Lightning II variant with foldable wings that, since the Skydiver subs have six-man crews, could be carried inside.

As far as SG-1 goes, Samantha Carter, whose pilot call-sign is "Valkyrie" is still host to Jolinar of Malkshur.  However, she has been trained by the Asgard as a Valkyrie, a member of their Special Ops unit, and her fighter is a hyperspace capable  Asgard-made duplicate of the F-35 Lightning II.

3 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Another of the "Scratchverse" ideas involved aliens on Earth.  My thought was combining Stargate SG-1 with SHADO from UFO, with the SHADO Moonbase looking like Moonbase Alpha from Space: 1999. 

The Skydiver subs would look like Virginia-class submarines.  Their fighter craft would be a F-35 Lightning II variant with foldable wings that, since the Skydiver subs have six-man crews, could be carried inside.

As far as SG-1 goes, Samantha Carter, whose pilot call-sign is "Valkyrie" is still host to Jolinar of Malkshur.  However, she has been trained by the Asgard as a Valkyrie, a member of their Special Ops unit, and her fighter is a hyperspace capable  Asgard-made duplicate of the F-35 Lightning II.

Don't forget, we got the Daemons from Tau Ceti from Sailor Moon S, and the Makujiu aliens from tje begining of R.

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Good point.  I forgot about the Death Busters and the Doom Tree aliens.

The Death Busters have no physical bodies for themselves to go through the gate. So they can still be. And the Doom Tree can bubble itself to fly through space. Both races are not important right now, since Moon only recently awoken, and are still dealing with four dark guys.

The Secret Service doesn’t let just any super help with the President’s security.  They have their own, some of which work undercover in the White House.  One is Nancy Blake, whose cover is the Assistant to the Executive Secretary to the President of the United States.   She often reminds the President of schedule obligations, or assists his personal assistant in duties of the outer office.

I haven't decided on her powers, yet, but I think they're something like those of Marvel's Black Widow.

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

The Secret Service doesn’t let just any super help with the President’s security.  They have their own, some of which work undercover in the White House.  One is Nancy Blake, whose cover is the Assistant to the Executive Secretary to the President of the United States.   She often reminds the President of schedule obligations, or assists his personal assistant in duties of the outer office.

I haven't decided on her powers, yet, but I think they're something like those of Marvel's Black Widow.

Don't forget the main job of the Secret Service...to stop counterfeiters.

11 hours ago, steriaca said:

Don't forget the main job of the Secret Service...to stop counterfeiters.

True enough.

I'm going to create a list of people in Washington, D.C., mainly from The West Wing and Designated Survivor, with FBI and Secret Service agents from other sources as well.  Of course, most of these people will simply be seen on TV or read about in the newspaper.

Lakeview isn't the only community in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.  The rural community of Hayden is in it, too.  As Hayden is 2-miles from the 3 by 4 mile Cruciform Radio Telescope Array, which consists of 9 fixed and 5 movable radio telescope dishes and a 20-inch optical telescope, it is in a radio quiet zone. 

Here is the rest of President Collingsworth's immediate family.

Elizabeth “Liz” Collingsworth Ward, a chef, is the President’s widowed eldest daughter.  She often cooks Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for her immediate family.

Annie Ward, a gymnast, is the President’s 12-year-old granddaughter and Liz’s daughter.  She attends a public middle school.  If security requires it, she and a private tutor will stay at Camp David.

Zoe Collingsworth is the President’s middle daughter, a freshman at George Washington University, and a member of their gymnastics team.

Penny Collingsworth is the President’s 8-year-old youngest daughter.  She attends a public elementary school.  If security requires it, she and a private tutor will stay at Camp David.

5 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Avis.hdc 37.26 kB · 3 downloads

Couldn't send this privately but here's the first draft of my character.

Main defence is not being hit, size mod of +10 DCV.  Not much besides that...

Let me know if you can't open/read this!

I don't have Hero Designer, and I can't get Hero System Mobile to read the file. A catch 22 if I ever seen one. It doesn't recognize the file, even thoe HSM is supposed to be able to read such files.

Since I am a player, can you give me a penny tour of the character? You don't have to tell me much detail, but I need to know something about the character.

47 minutes ago, eepjr24 said:

Here you go. Probably the word document has more of what Steriaca is interested in (background and whatnot).

- E

avis.pdf 68.64 kB · 1 download

This is a cool idea for a teenage superhero.

Considering the powerset of the team so far, everyone is going to think Lady Heart is a solo superhero.

18 minutes ago, steriaca said:

This is a cool idea for a teenage superhero.

Considering the powerset of the team so far, everyone is going to think Lady Heart is a solo superhero.

heh. Phase is not invisible, just intangible. And not even that all the time.

- E