Logan.1179

HFFL '19: Revenge of the Browns

As someone whose RL name is Brown and did who wretchedly last season, I view this season's league name with foreboding. 

Revenge plans never work well (said the guy who is about to give his sister-in-law a copy of Fiasco for her birthday).

39 minutes ago, Savinien said:

WTF is this now?

I could be mistaken but it could be the return of the Hero forum Fantasy Football League.

I quit obsessively watching the NFL and doing fantasy football the year that Peyton Manning was drafted, if I remember correctly.

I stopped taking fantasy sports anything like seriously in '97 or '98, when I finally admitted I was awful at it, AND unlucky to boot.  In midseason I started acknowledging that all I touch turns to s--t, and started trading for players on (baseball) teams I disliked and whose playoff runs I wanted to fail. The others in the league laughed at first, but in about a month people were refusing to trade away their hometeam's guys because my acquisitions started tanking appallingly shortly after I got them.  It was almost an atmosphere of supernatural horror by the end of that August.

I feel bad for asking this, but I don't recall the real names and teams associated with the board names here. So, if you could, say your team name and/or real name here so I can cross reference. Thanks for your patience. I am losing my, what do you call them, brain cells. 

On 8/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, CrosshairCollie said:

And now to try to remember how the hell all this worked.

Do I need an invite?  I feel so stupid for not remembering any of this.

Which team was yours? I can check and make sure you get sent the email. 

Unless you need someone to make an even number of teams, I'll sit out.  Last year was enough to remind me that I Utterly Suck at this sort of stuff, and that I cannot be prevented from fretting over a lost cause, which means lots of wheel-spinning futility.

1 minute ago, Cancer said:

Unless you need someone to make an even number of teams, I'll sit out.  Last year was enough to remind me that I Utterly Suck at this sort of stuff, and that I cannot be prevented from fretting over a lost cause, which means lots of wheel-spinning futility.

I understand completely. I'm playing fantasy baseball elsewhere for some god unknown reason, and it does wear you down.