The August 2019 "You're not Doing Star Wars Right" superdraft

Hermit

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

tumblr_onlk83ihY31qbs6i5o3_r1_500.gif

Ariel itself has several terraformed moons. White Sun overall has 14 terraformed planets and 26 terraformed moons.

The destruction of Ariel and the debris from Ariel is going to dwarf the destruction of Alderaan by several magnitudes.

4 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Planet: Anacreon from Asimov's Foundation series.

Honestly, I don't foresee any of the story's action taking place here, but I needed a planet to blow up, and Anacreon was the most deserving target.

Bunch of jerks.

I was thinking Trantor as a more deserving target in the long run but tastes vary....

1 minute ago, archer said:

Ariel itself has several terraformed moons. White Sun overall has 14 terraformed planets and 26 terraformed moons.

The destruction of Ariel and the debris from Ariel is going to dwarf the destruction of Alderaan by several magnitudes.

Eh, they're all Alliance. Nuke 'em.

3 minutes ago, archer said:

I was thinking Trantor as a more deserving target in the long run but tastes vary....

That's not an unreasonable argument. I just remember Anacreon being the designated antagonist for the first several stories.

XtNnxAu.png

Wow. Seven folks competing so far, hopefully more.

Just goes to show, if you let folks blow up planets- they will come.

From Ariel to Vulcan, from classic star wars planets to  real life gas giant,  there is enough debris to really slow down work on the pan galactic highway.

Starting tomorrow, things are wide open for those who have chosen which planets deserve the big ka boom.

The black clad figure knelt before the scarlet image holographically projected into the command chamber. "Your servant reports, my Lord. All reliable imperial personnel have been evacuated from the target world. Planetary authorities are aware of our presence and hailing us on all frequencies and we maintain silence.  They are mustering defenses but nothing they can deploy can possibly counter our ultimate weapon. The Destructor is fully charged and ready to fire; we await Your Command."

The scarlet image smiles unpleasantly and responds "No, my friend. You are in command of the Battle Station; the honor of giving the command to fire is yours."

"As You wish, my Lord," says the black clad figure, rising and turning to face the assembled officers. The smirking red image flickers out, but he knows the Emperor will be watching. "Status?"

"Fully armed and operational, Sir!" The general responds promptly.

"Target on screen." The black clad one wishes to see the destruction he is about to inflict. A planet appears on the viewscreen, pale green and dark blue and marbled with white clouds. A living world, home to hundreds of millions of beings. Their lives meant nothing to the black clad one.

"Fire."

A hot white beam leaped from the station to the world, cutting almost instantly through the crust, pouring destructive energy into that unfortunate planet at a significant fraction of the power of a nova. In the space of four seconds the beam shut down, and there was nothing left of a once living world but rocky fragments.  Some of the assembled officers looked pale and sick, others looked quietly satisfied; no one cheered. The black clad one spoke first.

"Planet Nibiru is no more."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says we were tempted to take out Earth, but decided against it...leave that to Xavier Onassis.