The August 2019 "You're not Doing Star Wars Right" superdraft

Hermit

Having lost his true love, Buttercup, to another story, Westley set out to make his fortune. He was a quick study, learning fencing, fighting, anything anyone would teach him—but he needed a mentor. And if one mentor was good, then two would be better…. 

spacer.png

He’s Hub McCann. He’s fought in two Galactic Wars and countless smaller ones on a hundred systems. He’s led thousands of men into battle with everything from banthas and blasters to X-Wings and snow speeders. He’s seen the center of the galaxy, and alien species no one from the Republic or the Empire had ever seen before. He’s won and lost a dozen fortunes, killed many men, and loved only one woman with a passion a flea like you could never begin to understand. That's who he is.  And his brother Garth has been by his side through it all.

Old Coot : Hub McCann

Option I : Old Coot #2, Garth McCann

Option II : Garth also has a lightsaber and can use the Force.

For the Commissioner’s benefit: My Force Users are Westley, Hub, and Garth.

Next protagonist: the "Old Coot".  "Old coot" tends to be a vaguely gender-specific term for old men.  Our person filling that role is not male, but fits the bill in more or less every other way.

The "Old Coot" is Elka Ostrovsky from TV Land's 2010-15 sitcom series Hot in Cleveland, and to place our selection more clearly, this is the character played by Betty White (and I was looking for a good character portrayed by her for this slot in the roster).  Elka is specified as being 90 in the middle of the show's run, and is elected to the Cleveland City Council in season 5, establishing her as a leadership figure in every way. 

Whether Olka the "Old Cootess" and another waterfowl, Howard the Duck, have a thing going will remain delightfully ambiguous in our version of Star Wars.  I would not put it past those two, however.

Of course, Olka and Howard are the Force-and-lightsaber users in my protagonist quintet.

What would Star Wars be without a hotshot pilot? Dull and boring, like unto an accountancy conference call! So my Scumball-ish "Criminal" is a person who is not averse to "pick[ing] up things [he] found on the side of the road" and then selling them on as rocket parts, but is also a speed freak par excellence.

Everybody -- meet Jebediah Kerman!

AQoQezY.jpg?1

2 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

What would Star Wars be without a hotshot pilot? Dull and boring, like unto an accountancy conference call! So my Scumball-ish "Criminal" is a person who is not averse to "pick[ing] up things [he] found on the side of the road" and then selling them on as rocket parts, but is also a speed freak par excellence.

Everybody -- meet Jebediah Kerman!

AQoQezY.jpg?1

ATTENTION, everyone!

As L. Marcus has introduced two characters that I had NO clue who they were or where they came from... 

He has unlocked the second of our Super Secret Utterly Useless Bonus Prizes.

He has earned... 

William Shatner's Toupee

P311_1.jpg

He may assign to any character he picks or has picked, but despite the picture of the auction above, there is little demand for it in the Star Wars Universe. Nor is it blaster proof.

Enjoy your prize, L. Marcus!

7 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!! :hail:

Glad you like this complete non factor of a prize !

Just so folks understand, there will not be a repeat. If someone else gets snipped, or someone else has picks I am clueless about, well, those prizes are already given away.

But a few more supersecret utterly useless prizes await yet to be unlocked

58 minutes ago, Hermit said:

ATTENTION, everyone!

As L. Marcus has introduced two characters that I had NO clue who they were or where they came from... 

He has unlocked the second of our Super Secret Utterly Useless Bonus Prizes.

He has earned... 

William Shatner's Toupee

P311_1.jpg

He may assign to any character he picks or has picked, but despite the picture of the auction above, there is little demand for it in the Star Wars Universe. Nor is it blaster proof.

Enjoy your prize, L. Marcus!

WAIT !

What ?

Mr Shatner does not have a toupee. He has never worn one.

IS

THAT

CLEAR ??!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

Having lost his true love, Buttercup, to another story, Westley set out to make his fortune. He was a quick study, learning fencing, fighting, anything anyone would teach him—but he needed a mentor. And if one mentor was good, then two would be better…. 

spacer.png

He’s Hub McCann. He’s fought in two Galactic Wars and countless smaller ones on a hundred systems. He’s led thousands of men into battle with everything from banthas and blasters to X-Wings and snow speeders. He’s seen the center of the galaxy, and alien species no one from the Republic or the Empire had ever seen before. He’s won and lost a dozen fortunes, killed many men, and loved only one woman with a passion a flea like you could never begin to understand. That's who he is.  And his brother Garth has been by his side through it all.

Old Coot : Hub McCann

Option I : Old Coot #2, Garth McCann

Option II : Garth also has a lightsaber and can use the Force.

For the Commissioner’s benefit: My Force Users are Westley, Hub, and Garth.

I don't know who is more scary, Hub or Garth. Probably Garth. 

My internet is temporarily down. I expect to rejoin you on Monday.

My internet has unexpectedly recovered. I won't have to pay for a repairman, apparently.

Lucius Alexander

my place

The palindromedary says I'm online at a friend's place right now.