Jump to content

Dragon Villain


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, grandmastergm said:

 

I made her realm resemble a twisted fairy tale world with Disney villains and corrupted heroes serving her.

I like that. I've used her conjunction with my Shadow Coven. Worked out very well, although no twisted Disney world :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Brangomar. Now I want to run a game where I can work her in. Complete with all the classic Disney motifs.

 

Hmmm. The question is, where in the Disney oeuvre do I draw the line? Do I include the Disney renaissance? Are Lion King and Aladdin too radically different from the classic tropes, or perhaps just too recent, for them to be something that effects Brangomar?

 

Also, does Brangomar break out into spontaneous song? Or is it just the princes and princesses who do that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, grandmastergm said:

 

I made her realm resemble a twisted fairy tale world with Disney villains and corrupted heroes serving her.

 

19 minutes ago, tiger said:

I like that. I've used her conjunction with my Shadow Coven. Worked out very well, although no twisted Disney world :)

 

I made her the sponsor of my Obsidian Table, a group of evil supernatural "knights" culled from CU villains, led by Black Paladin and including Hell Rider, Morningstar, Lightning Man, Matachin, Shadowdragon (not the same cultural motif, but with that name Brangomar probably couldn't resist inviting him), and Harpy (the Shadow Queen is normally jealous of other women, but I figured Harpy changing into a bird-woman would make her seem non-threatening to Brangomar's beauty).

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, drunkonduty said:

I like Brangomar. Now I want to run a game where I can work her in. Complete with all the classic Disney motifs.

 

Hmmm. The question is, where in the Disney oeuvre do I draw the line? Do I include the Disney renaissance? Are Lion King and Aladdin too radically different from the classic tropes, or perhaps just too recent, for them to be something that effects Brangomar?

 

Also, does Brangomar break out into spontaneous song? Or is it just the princes and princesses who do that?

 

I could see the Shadow Queen scheming to hunt down Aladdin's Lamp, steal Neptune's Trident, or free the Titans. Those are all long-standing, well-known public domain figures not legally linked to Disney, but whose connection to the studio's oeuvre would be obvious to anyone familiar with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good suggestions, LL.

 

Now I want to have  Brangomar get involved with actual Disney IP somehow. I mean, she is a villain after all, she wouldn't respect IP even if she can  understand the concept of "owning ideas." Maybe she goes around renaming the dwarfs. Or steals the songs from all the Disney movies. Literally, no one can sing them any more.

 

Or maybe she uses some her dragon gold to buy herself a place on the board of directors at Disney. Then... something, something, evil plan.

Gonna have to workshop this one a bit more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if you aren't shy about using actual Disney IP, to me the answer is obvious: Brangomar vs Maleficent, for the right to the title of "Mistress of All Evil." Manipulating pawns to do their dirty work like all good villainous masterminds, in a contest of Champions (literally) vs the like of Prince Charming, the Beast, Hercules, Mulan, Captain Hook (or Peter Pan), Shere Khan, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a very long term PC from the early days of Fantasy Hero, who had a 75pt. Multi-form into a dragon.  He wasn't a villain per se, at least  while people were watching, but he was a pyromanical snob... perfect for a dragon. he was a well mannered intimidator. Hope this helps.

 

Scan_20190804 (2).png

Scan_20190804 (3).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Well, if you aren't shy about using actual Disney IP, to me the answer is obvious: Brangomar vs Maleficent, for the right to the title of "Mistress of All Evil." Manipulating pawns to do their dirty work like all good villainous masterminds, in a contest of Champions (literally) vs the like of Prince Charming, the Beast, Hercules, Mulan, Captain Hook (or Peter Pan), Shere Khan, etc.

 

For a home game I have no problems using Disney characters. I'd never be mad enough to publish something with Disney IP. That'd be crazy. :stupid:

 

Brangomar vs. Maleficent requires Maleficent to be real in the CU. Hmmm. That's not a "no." That's a "need to think about that."

 

I do like the idea that she starts giving life to the various animated characters and sets them on the heroes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

There were a couple of dragon-shapeshifting villains for Fourth Edition, too: the Dragon Queen (VIPER), and Shinyu (Golden Age Champions). Interesting that all the Champions examples are women.

 

8 hours ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

The 4th ed VIPER sourcebook also had a villain who could turn into a dragon.

 

7 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Yep.  Lin Yi / Dragon Min / The Dragon Queen.

 

Never was sure just which name the creator wanted us to use.....

 

The various names of the Dragon Queen applied at different stages of her long life and career. At birth she was Tsai Min (Yin Li was her mother's name). After she first transformed from human to dragon she was called Dragon-Min. When she became an organized-crime leader in Japan she took the name Shiko-Me. Then she joined VIPER: "She is now known as the Dragon Queen, because of her ability to transform, and is a co-leader of the Serpent Syndicate with Python." (VIPER p. 86)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

 

For a home game I have no problems using Disney characters. I'd never be mad enough to publish something with Disney IP. That'd be crazy. :stupid:

 

Brangomar vs. Maleficent requires Maleficent to be real in the CU. Hmmm. That's not a "no." That's a "need to think about that."

 

I do like the idea that she starts giving life to the various animated characters and sets them on the heroes.

 

 

Oh, you were just thinking of involving her with the corporate Disney, rather than their characters? Fair enough. :)

 

In that case, I would suggest Brangomar learns of Disney's Maleficent property and is incensed that they've obviously "stolen" her identity. So she creates a gate between her Shadow Realm and Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World in Florida, which she occupies while sending her minions to terrorize the Magic Kingdom, until Disney provides proof of having destroyed all their Maleficent-based materials.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems to be a good thread to ask what rivals in her dimension The Shadow Queen has.

 

In sure Baba Yagga is a thorn in her side. Technically an evil, child eating witch, she can be tricked or honor bound to do some good deeds.

 

My own creation, The Crimson King, is basically Saron (LotR book series)+vampiers+King Crimson's song The Court of the Crimson King. Basically a pool of blood and a skull which rests a crown upon it, it is a horror with undead.

 

Who else is out there?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...