Partially Limited Multipowers

CptPatriot

Question

I am currently attempting to create a character based on the world setting in the game Aberrant. I'm not trying to solicit advice on how to do this (though I would be thankful for your input) but one of the things about that game is that it is possible for the characters utilizing the power to be Tainted.

Now, I was thinking to have it that if the character used powers over a certain point(50 APs is my go to number for now) then the character must attempt a check to maintain control or receive Taint which I'm attempting to simulate with a Limitation:Side Effect that uses a Transform that risks Transforming the character to gain further aberrations.

The powers that have any effect beyond 50APs to partially limited with the side effect in question. Now, I was looking to put the character's powers into a Multipower with an 80 point Reserve but since all the powers would be similarly limited with the Side Effect I was thinking I should partially limit the Multipower itself. Is this allowable?

An example image has been provided of a potential writeup.

image.png

1 answer to this question

Per 6E1 406, bottom right, a character cannot partially Limit a Multipower reserve unless the GM permits him to. Since you're the GM setting up campaign ground rules, I say go ahead and permit yourself. :) Doing it that way will probably make it easier to reference/use during game play, which is another benefit.