The Most Annoying Song of All Time

Pariah

"Cocaine" by Eric Clapton. I swear, there was one point where XM Radio was running it about every hour and a half. One day while leaving work, I clicked off of it on one channel, only to hit it on a different one.

"Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum. This one's overplayed on the sound system at work. It doesn't help that they ripped off "Eye in the Sky" for the refrain's melody.

"Teddy Bear" by Red Sovine. A trucker tear-jerker "story-song" from the 70s that had altogether too much airplay back then.

"Feelings" by Morris Albert. Another one from the 70s.

10 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

"Cocaine" by Eric Clapton. I swear, there was one point where XM Radio was running it about every hour and a half. One day while leaving work, I clicked off of it on one channel, only to hit it on a different one.

"Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum. This one's overplayed on the sound system at work. It doesn't help that they ripped off "Eye in the Sky" for the refrain's melody.

"Teddy Bear" by Red Sovine. A trucker tear-jerker "story-song" from the 70s that had altogether too much airplay back then.

Lordy..

Feelings.. Yeah that's a bad one. Your first one, I've heard, but as a dance mix that isn't too bad though.

But really annoying?

54 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

If something is overplayed then I get why you would hate it. Friend of mine developed a dislike of the Boomtown Rats 'Someone's Looking at You' after every shop he walked into was playing it.

I am right there with you with Teddy Bear. One of the DJs on Radio 1 got a campaign going to get the song to No 1. It is maudlin and awful.

I could list anything by Westlife but in reality they are a bad covers band.

Q: for Pariah. Is the nomination for songs or performance of songs? 

Because covers of songs can be hit or miss but that doesn't mean the original song is annoying or bad. Eg cover of Behind Blue Eyes. 

If we exclude covers, it will make it much easier to keep track of nominations eg administration. 

9 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Q: for Pariah. Is the nomination for songs or performance of songs? 

Because covers of songs can be hit or miss but that doesn't mean the original song is annoying or bad. Eg cover of Behind Blue Eyes. 

If we exclude covers, it will make it much easier to keep track of nominations eg administration. 

Excluding covers would mean we ditch 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston.

To which I say this:-

'I SAY THEE NAY !'

Sometimes the cover version is so annoying you need to point out how bad it is so that people will go to the original and like that.

As a purely personal note, I still recoil from one piece that I Could Not Get Out Of My Head one terrible, terrible night at the observatory... for some reason "Good Ship Lollipop" would not go away, and I had no tunes with me to drive it off... :angst:

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

Excluding covers would mean we ditch 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston.

To which I say this:-

'I SAY THEE NAY !'

Sometimes the cover version is so annoying you need to point out how bad it is so that people will go to the original and like that.

If the original is good, then it is  not the song that is annoying...