Size / Weight modifiers to DCV

eightiesboi

Hey all,

Been a *really* long time since I posted on the boards. :) Anyways, am I correct in assuming that HD can't model the negative DCV modifiers that are associated with base weight and size changes (per 5ER 576)?

HD build 20190428 (although I literally just downloaded the July version).

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Simon said:

As stated on the page you reference: it's a Physical Limitation.

Hi @Simon,

I know that. I am asking if my assumption is correct the HD can't reflect the DCV penalty. Since buying growth indicates the penalty in the power but not under the under combat information or with Characteristics, I presume my assumption is indeed correct. Is this something that could be added in a future HD update? CSLs do indeed reflect correctly on the sheet, so I would hope that this is just a coding issue.

Thanks

Hi @Simon,

Can you elaborate? The power of Growth in HD indicates, for example, with 3 level of Growth, that the character should receive, "+15 STR, +3 BODY, +3 STUN, -3" KB, 800 kg, -2 DCV, +2 PER Rolls to perceive character, 4m tall, 2m wide". HD gives you the option to add totals to Primary Values, Secondary Values, or not at all. The character sheet then correctly reflects the bonus to STR, BODY, and STUN. It doesn't indicate knockback, but that may be a reflection of the use of the Heroic template and not the Superheroic one. It also figures the weight and size correctly based on the values I have input under the Background tab. In fact, the only thing I would expect it to reflect in the totals but that it doesn't is the modifier to DCV. I think it would be fine if the DCV modifier showed up under combat information, the same way that CSLs do, but it doesn't reflect at all. I would expect the DCV modifier to reflect just as the other modifiers do.

Alternatively, if you are suggesting that this isn't a bug per se because it was never coded to reflect the DCV modifier, then I would like to make this as a feature request that HD be updated to be in line with the RAW (i.e., Growth affects DCV just as it affects STR).

Thanks.

Hi @Simon,

Why not? You just said "HD is doing things as intended and as indicated by the rules/writers' guidelines." You've repeated that multiple times. I've provided documentation and made a reasonable request for either a bug fix, a feature request, or an explanation of where the guidelines say that DCV modifiers shouldn't be reflected on the character sheet in the same manner that STR modifiers are, vis-a-vis the Growth power. I am posting in the appropriate forum. I have been polite and courteous. I don't know what I've done to earn your ire. If you can't help me because you don't know, no worries. If you are just refusing to provide information that you have but are choosing not to, I don't understand why you are behaving this way.

Please, help me by telling me where the guidelines say I am wrong.

Thanks.

• Simon locked this topic